HAWKEN destroys E3 competition, targets Gamescom and Comic-Con next
At last month’s E3, it’d be fair to say that HAWKEN went from small-time to carrying the unenviable load of post-conference hype on its shoulders, turning many heads in the process.
Nominated for an impressive 20 awards at E3, HAWKEN racked up 10 wins and 3 Honorable Mentions.
The stunning list of accolades includes:
- Destructoid’s Best of PC
- GameTrailers’ Best Free to Play
- GameTrailers’ Best Online Only
- Polygon’s E3 Editor’s Choice Award
- Awesome Robo’s E3 2012 Best Overall Title – “One of the most jaw dropping games we played at E3 this year.”
- GamingIrresponsibly’s Best of Indie
- Examiner.com’s Best PvP (Multiplayer) – “The most anticipated game this year.”
- Video Game Writers’ Best of PC
- Sidequesting’s Best of E3 Editor’s Choice Awards
- GamerLive.TV’s Top 5 PC Games – “Hawken has become a blockbuster game of 2012…”
Meteor Entertainment now have their cross-hairs squared aimed at the San Diego Comic Con, which runs 11-15 July, with Cologne’s Gamescom following shortly afterwards, running 15-19 August.
Comic-Con attendees with be treated to some early, exclusive hands-on gameplay with IGN on 12 and 14 July. Adhesive Games’ Creative Director Khang Le will also creating some impressive original art with Wacom, on 13 and 14 July, with HAWKEN hosted on the show floor by Archaia, for the entire event.