Here Is Everything New That We Learned About Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain At The Taipei Games Show
Barely contained hype rising.
Hideo Kojima’s Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is almost here (even though we don’t actually know the game’s exact release date), and we’ve been getting tons of new information on the game for a while now. At the Taipei Games Show, we got a veritable deluge of new information on the game, because of a variety of interviews made with different outlets by the development team. Now, the kind soul JunkerHQ has basically rounded up all the interviews and consolidate all of the information that we got from them in one place. Here is some of the stuff that stands out:
- The game’s weather is dynamic, and has an actual effect on gameplay- for instance, if it is snowing, the guards and soldiers will run for shelter, which might give you an opening
- It was confirmed that the wildlife in this game will be of some use, although nothing was specified
- The game takes a leaf out of the Souls series’ book, as, if you are playing connected to the internet, you can have other players invade your mother base (and you can invade others’ bases too).
- That said, if you would rather not have any of that, you can just play offline, and continue to enjoy the game by yourself.
- To ease new players into the story, the game will have flashback scenes
- Kojima stated that this was the hardest game for him to develop yet, thanks to the restructuring that his studio underwent during this time, as well as the development of the Fox Engine.
Personally, I can barely contain my excitement. The Phantom Pain will be awesome, when it launches later this year. Stay tuned.