Imperator: Rome is Paradox Development Studio’s latest grand strategy title and has been doing fairly well critically. The real journey starts now though, and in a recent Steam community post, game director Johan Anderson shared some of the team’s plans for what’s next. First up is patch 1.0.1, codenamed “Demetrius”, which will tackle many issues like crashes and performance, while improving the AI. Expect it to go live early this week.
The developer also has a major patch in development called “Pompey”, which will address the balancing of technology progress, mercenaries, truce breaking, and so on. It will also look to introduce new piracy mechanics, provide more character interactions, and add more modding support. The full range of topics can be seen below.
It’ll be a while until patch 1.1 or “Pompey” releases. The development team is currently aiming for a release in June. If any other major issues pop up before then, it will address those as well. Imperator: Rome is currently available for PC and follows the grand strategy formula set by titles like Europa Universalis: Rome, Europa Universalis 4, and Hearts of Iron 4.
- Balancing of Technology Progress, Mercenaries, Shattered Retreat, Truce Breaking, Assassinations, Governors, War Exhaustion, and Legitimacy.
- Improving the mechanics for Population Growth, Stability, and Barbarians.
- Tweaks to Civil War mechanics, with new power-base mechanics.
- Naval rework, with Naval Combat mechanics and multiple ship types, as well as navigable major rivers.
- Deeper Holding mechanics for characters, where you can give characters holdings and they can purchase new ones as they grow in wealth.
- More character interactions.
- New Piracy mechanics.
- Redesigning of functionality where instead of spending power for an instant result, you now spend power to nudge it towards that result over time.
- Better abilities to play tall, including centralising trade, impacting specific cities, etc.
- Tribes being able to decide what units their retinues should have.
- Dual Ruler mechanics for Roman Republic, and Consorts for Monarchies.
- Government Abilities for all government categories.
- ‘Quality of Life’ features like viewing all characters in a foreign country, new alerts, road building being a continuous action, and more.
- Adding of features from previous PDS games like moving capitals and regnal numbers on monarchs
- Much more modding support.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)