Kalypso Media has announced the release of Jagged Alliance: Back in Action to UK retail today. Jagged Alliance: Back in Action will challenge players to run their own Private Military Corporation, managing everything from recruiting and equipping mercenaries to commanding troops in boots-on-the-ground combat. Jagged Alliance: Back in Action is available for PC for SRP £34.99 GBP/ €44.99 EUR.
Here’s some info on the game as given by the devs:
Jagged Alliance: Back in Action takes players to the fictitious country of Arulco, where a ruthless dictator has seized power and only a small group of rebels stand to resist her. Tasked with freeing the island from the dictator’s iron grip, players will command rebel and mercenary forces while using tactical and economic tools to keep troops supplied and ready for the next flight, all while commanding them directly in nail-biting battles.
Back in Action’s innovative “plan & go” combat system combines real-time strategy (RTS) with turn-based elements to guarantee that the intricacies of tactical warfare are rendered in dynamic, exciting gameplay. This challenges would-be commanders to master not only strategy and tactical combat, but also to maximize their team’s capabilities through RPG-like character advancement.
Key features of Jagged Alliance: Back in Action:
- Unrivalled mix of combat (tactics), role-playing, business and strategy
- Innovative “Plan & Go” combat system combines RTS gameplay with turn-based elements
- Realistic battlefield settings with authentic firearms
- Laptop/computer menu as a central anchor point for the player
- Assemble squads from numerous individual mercenaries, each with their own personalities
- Simultaneous control of multiple squads using a strategic map
- Convincing characters who interact with and comment on game events
- Acquire resources by capturing mines and encampments