Mario Kart 8 Deluxe New Update 1.3.0 Adds Video Capture Feature And More
Other notable changes include a fix on how the blue shell works.
The recent Nintendo Switch update enabled video capture for 30 seconds for certain select titles. One of these titles is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as the game’s latest update 1.3.0 has added video capture support along with fixing a few bug fixes.
There are three other games for which the video capture feature will be available and these are The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, ARMS, and Splatoon 2.
Other changes that come with the new update to the game include changes to the Blue Shell which will no longer set sights on the second player if the player in first hasn’t yet crossed the finish line.
You can read more about the changes that comes with the update below:
- Video capture compatibility added. Hold the Capture Button to capture up to 30 seconds of the previous footage.
- The system must be updated to Ver 4.0.0 or higher to use this feature.
- Now more difficult to float down using the glider when Smart Steering is ON.
- Blue Shells no longer hit the second place player when the first place player hasn’t yet crossed the finish line.
- Extended the invulnerability period after spinning out or crashing.
- Changes made to Online Play prior to Ver.1.2.1 now apply to Wireless Play and LAN Play as well:
- When further back in a race, will receive better items to help catch up to other players.
- No more than one Piranha Plant will appear at a time.
- Updating to Ver 1.3.0 will prevent users from Wireless Play or LAN Play with users on Ver.1.2.1 or lower.