Today Rockstar had released the first trailer for Max Payne 3 and in our opinion it looks absolutely amazing. Along with the trailer they have also revealed a few tidbits and new information for the game.
First off, the voice of the main character in trailer is that of James McCaffery who was the original voice actor from Max Payne 1 and 2.
1) Yes, that is the voice of James McCaffery, original voice actor from Max Payne 1 and 2…
The game is running on a modified RAGE Engine. No wonder it is already looking gorgeous.
2) Max Payne 3 is running on a new iteration of Rockstar’s RAGE engine
The footage is all in game. No CG rendering here folks!
3) Today’s Max Payne 3 trailer is all in-game footage
Finally the game uses natural behaviour system seen in previous Rockstar games like GTAIV and Red Dead Redemption.
4) Like GTAIV and Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3 uses the Natural Motion character behavior system for lifelike weight and movement
Rockstar have also confirmed that the game will not be an open sand box.
5) No, Max Payne 3 is not an open world game – we’re staying true to Max’s roots in atmosphere, story and gameplay design
Expect more information related to Max Payne 3 in the coming months. Max Payne 3 is due in March 2012 for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
For more on Max Payne 3 please check here.