We have been receiving tons of complaints about Matchmaking issues in Modern Warfare 3. Now, it is completely normal for a big game to encounter these problems, but Activision and Infinity Ward are no strangers to gigantic launches, which make these issues stand out a lot more.
If you do not stay in the western countries the matchmaking can take almost 15 mins to get you in a decent game. Still then, it is hampered with dropouts and disconnections. Even Twitter is abuzz with these issues. Here are some of the complaints we encountered.
1. “Some serious issues with matchmaking on MW3.”
2. “And here I was thinking that server issues, lagging, poor connection was a fault at my end.”
3. “I have serious matchmaking issues. 15 min. in a lobby to find a game already. IW needs to get their shit 2gether.”
4. “matchmaking taking a while as well, I have Open NAT etc….”
5. “MW3 disappointed me with their matchmaking .. If I can’t play online for more then 2 days.. I’m out!”
This wasn’t an issue with earlier CoD games, it looks like IW has changed the matchmaking function. It usually finds games that are near to you, but in the other CoD games even if you didn’t find any local matches, it would still put you in some game. But here it is different.
Of course, we could be mistaken as this may be affecting few people. But the complaints we have been receiving along with the complaints on Twitter seems to suggest otherwise.
If you have encountered any problem, please tell us in the comments section below.