More Tomb Raider details revealed
A French Gaming Magazine’s carrying a cover story on the new Lara Croft game and lots of new and interesting details have been revealed.
We’ve the important ones marked down for you below –
- The adventure is divided into 3 big “episodes”, each one corresponding to a part of Lara’s transformation into an adventurer : survive, rescue, run away.
- The article insists on the fact that the game engine uses the laws of gravity, of centrifugal force… To allow Lara to go through her obstacles.
- The transition between cinematics and game is almost invisible.
- The grief of Lara is accentuated by some effects like close-to-face cameras, on-screen blur (flou, in french)
- Lara’s changing through the game. She will evolve from a young inexperienced woman to an adventurer. It will be apparent on her equipment (the article says that it might be possible to see her double pistols back), for example.
- The “survival instinct” which makes some elements of the world shine to help the player cans only be used when Lara doesn’t move.
- There are many ways to solve puzzles, and sometimes you have to try again and again as laws of physics are random.
- Buddha statues are visible through the game… Although they think these are save points, their exact role is unknown for now.
- Some elements of the world fall when Lara stand too long on them.
You can view the full scans from the magazine over here.