The next game in the Playstation 3-exclusive racer is making an explosive comeback under the name, Motorstorm Apocalypse.
This isn’t post-apocalyptic. It’s apocalyptic. You are there when it happens. It’s survival racing.
And with a tagline like that, it sounds like Motorstorm Apocalypse is going to be, well, churning up a storm!
After ripping up Monument Valley, obliterating everything in its path on The Island and surviving the chilling temperatures of the Arctic, the multimillion selling franchise is back – and this time it hits The City. The city has been abandoned and somewhat damaged after a tremor. Throughout the game the city will be ripped to pieces, in real-time, as you race. Routes will be affected, and the gameplay will be affected consequently.
Some of the key features of the game include:
- Sixteen player online multiplayer.
- Four player split-screen.
- Combinations of the two. Play with three friends in the living room against 12 more online.
- Massive vehicle customisation. Change vinyls, vehicle parts, vehicle shapes and more. Upload them to the community site and share them with others. They automatically work on all vehicle types, and include your PSN ID.
- Vehicle perks. Modify your handling, boosting and offensive abilities as you unlock new perks.
- A wealth of rankings to progess through online with associated rewards and recognition.
- Stacks of online rewards to earn and persistent progress giving the most determined and successful racers the status and recognition they deserve.
- Persistent matchmaking. Keep your party together throughout your gaming session.
- A Game Mode Creator. From a completely blank canvas you can design your own game rules and victory conditions, play them online, and incorporate them into tournaments.
You can check out the latest screens below.