We have a ton of new details on the Assassin’s Creed 3 Wii U port and there’s a lot of unique things Ubisoft are doing with the tablet controller of the system. The information was revealed in this month’s issue of Nintendo Gamer magazine.
Check out the details below. The game will be out in October this year for the PS3, Xbox 360, PC and Wii U.
- Wii U tablet controller can act as some form of link to the Assassin’s Creed “Animus”.
- Wii U tablet Animus can be used as a persistent on-screen map and navigation tool.
- Animus Database entries that may pop up from time to time, could be displayed on the touchscreen instead and not interrupt the flow of the game.
- The Animus can also act as an encyclopedia of information. Character biographies and bits of information that would normally be cast aside could be displayed on the touchscreen (take a break and read up on the side story & character history while eating dinner?).
- Easy touchscreen weapon selection during combat. Quick change from dual-wield combat to single with a simple touch.
- Using the touchscreen as an alternate view for Eagle Vision. Using the built-in accelerometer to control the camera view while in Eagle Vision.