New Far Cry 4 Patch Adds Co-Op Support for Custom Maps
New patch detailed.
Before Far Cry 4 launched, there was a bit of a minor uproar when it turned out that custom maps in the game would not support co-op play; Ubisoft promised us that support for co-op on custom maps would be coming in a future update, and they have made good on that promise. The latest update for Far Cry 4, version 1.8.0, which is now available, finally adds the long requested and awaited feature to the game.
It’s actually a fairly extensive update. The full list of changes and fixes that it brings with it to the table is given below:
Co-Op Map Editor FAQ’s
- All maps will be playable in co-op and in single player mode.
- Map creators will be able to place two spawn points: The first one will spawn Player One, while the second one will spawn Player Two.
- If only player spawn point is present on the map, both players will spawn at the same location.
- In the Quick Play menu you can quickplay top rated maps, random maps, and host a co-op game.
New In-Game Editor [IGE] Features:
- Consoles: Lock/Unlock camera function. This is available when using the “Select” tool.
- Occlusion Mesh Helper: When you place or move an object, a gray box will display the occlusion mesh. This option can be enabled/disabled in the “Editor” settings.
- 5 new Ally Rebel archetypes.
Import Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where Snow was deactivated when restarting a map while in the Map Editor.
- Fixed an issue where the Vista and Snow did not appear once the map was published.
- Animals should now properly exit open gates.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in rotation not working for the spawners of wave 2 and 5, as well as for the ambient spawners.
- Wave trigger settings should no longer reset to the default value when opening the map.
- The healing syringe should now display the correct value after a Player has restrated the mission.
- Static vehicles no longer count towards the AI budget.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Map Editor to crash while using the Bumb tool.
- PC: Fixed the “Copy to Clipboard” function. Map creators can now copy and paste objects from one map to another.
- PC: Map searches start as soon as a letter is entered rather than after pressing enter.
- Integrated Outpost Master in Co-Op
- Fixed various client connectivity issues
- Fixed various Host/Client Replication issues.
Load and Save Files
- Fixed various checkpoint placement issues
- Fixed various issues with vehicle placements
Matchmaking and PvP
- Various fixed with matchmaking stability and PvP
- Fixed insonsistencies with the XP in the load-out menu
- Fixed various spawning issues
Far Cry 4 is available on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, and PC.