Evolution Studios continues to make good on its original promise of continuing to evolve DriveClub far beyond its release, with its periodic, free, feature and content rich updates. The newest update for the game, update 1.14, has added an all new car, new tour, and the option for multiplayer replays, to the game, and all for free.
The update is, as a result, sufficiently weighty- it comes in at 2.69GB, which makes sense when you consider the full list of the patch notes that accompany it:
- Adds the Ferrari LaFerrari to your Garage! Complete Rank 5 of the “Ferrari Owners Club” Driver Accolade to earn access to this car for use in all areas of the game
- Adds the Startline Tour. All new players will now jump into a brand new Tour when they first play the game called Startline
- The Startline Tour is available for free and features 11 events and 45 objectives. This Tour mainly serves as a varied and well balanced introduction to DRIVECLUB and is based on some of the most popular and entertaining events from elsewhere in the game
- Adds Multiplayer Race Replays to the game. You can now save a Replay at the end of any Multiplayer Race and view it later from the Replays menu
- Adds a new Audio Settings option to change the acoustic settings for all cockpit cameras, so that you can change between internally recorded sound or externally recorded sound
- Adds a new Single Event option to set “Time Of Day” for a Single Event to half past every hour as well as on the hour
- Adds a new Single Event option to change the number of laps in a Race to any number from 1 to 25 laps
- Adds a new Controller Settings option to allow adjustment of the steering lock rotation angle on all supported steering wheels
- Includes general improvements to the game for better performance, stability and usability
In addition to all of this, Evolution has also confirmed that it has made more enhancements and improvements to the server side backend, in the hopes of seeing the long promised and yet never delivered PS Plus edition of the game some time soon. Whether or not that ever actually happens, however, remains to be seen.