Next Car Game: Wreckfest Update Improves Suspension, Adds New Grass
Bugbear Entertainment have released a brand new update for Next Car Game: Wreckfest, and it’s a pretty hefty one. According to the changelog, they’re implementing an experimental version of part repairing and crew mechanics, and adding new grass technology too.
No, seriously. Grass is a big deal here.
The path also implements a variety of server side improvements.It downloads itself automatically from Steam, so you don’t have to worry about that. The full list of changes and improvements in this patch follows:
- Implemented an experimental version of part repairing and crew mechanics.
Note that in order to be able to repair you first need to recruit a crew by clicking the small crew button above the car’s icon and then assign your newly-recruited crew to the car.
- Added a new work-in-progress tarmac track.
- Improved all suspension setups.
- Added Racing and Rally tyres in addition to Standard ones.
- Improved off-road surfaces, now they are either more slippery or slow down.
- Improved clutch logic so it’s now easier to get the car moving again after spinning out.
- Improved gamepad controller.
- Fixed frequent crashing when joining servers with lawn mowers.
- Improved vehicle paint-job changing speed.
- Improved game start-up time after system boot.
- Fixed graphics settings resetting after system boot.
- Excluded paint-job related files from data modification check.
- Implemented new grass.
- Alpha-to-coverage multisampling for foliage is now always enabled.
- Removed festive stuff.
- Added basic event rotation functionality for dedicated server.
- Added an ability to log dedicated server’s messages to a file.
- Further reduced idle dedicated server CPU usage.
- Dedicated server configuration is from now on read fromserver_config.cfg file which is not clobbered by Steam updates. The file is seeded from the oldinitial_server_config.cfg file.
Next Car Game: Wreckfest is out now on PC via Steam.