NHL 15 Gets Huge Update on Xbox One and PS4
More fixes to bring the game up to speed.
NHL 15 had a fair few issues when it launched (which seems to be the norm these days), but EA Sports are on the ball (or the puck…), and have introduced a third update that fixes a ton of bugs and glitches and adds a whole host of functionality to the game. Hopefully, this should help NHL 15 be more the game that it was supposed to be at launch, rather than the disappointing title that we ultimately got.
The update’s full list of improvements and fixes includes:
ONLINE TEAM PLAY
Play online with up to ten players, locked to a single position using real-world rosters. These matches will be 5v5 ranked with AI controlled goalies.
BE A GM – ROOKIE DRAFT
For the first time in the NHL franchise, you will be put on the clock and feel the pressure like a real NHL GM. As they do at the NHL Entry Draft, you have three minutes to make a draft pick.
If the pressure is too much, you can also call timeouts to extend the amount of time you have to make a draft pick or potentially negotiate a trade. You can make trades at any time during the draft. The CPU will also propose trades to each other and the user throughout the course of the draft.
New uniforms have been added for the following teams:
- Philadelphia Flyers (NHL) 3rd jersey
- Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL) 3rd jersey
- Tampa Bay Lightning (NHL) 3rd jersey
- Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL) 3rd jersey
- Red Deer Rebels (WHL) 3rd jersey
- Sarnia Sting (OHL) 3rd jersey
- Boisbriand-Blainville Armada (QMJHL) 3rd jersey
- Improved penalty logic for goalie interference calls.
- Improved goalie decision making when playing the puck outside of the crease.
- Pass Assist sliders have been tuned so that they now have the desired effect depending on the user setting.
- Fixed issue where strategy overlay would show when User Strategy Adjustment slider is turned up.
- Fixed rare issue where players would enter an unusual animation state after being body checked during a poke check.
HOCKEY ULTIMATE TEAM (HUT)
- Fixed rare crash issues that can occur when sending won auction item to your Collection.
- Fixed hang during matchmaking search in Versus.
- Users will now be able to change auction prices faster.
- Users that lose connection from their opponent are returned to HUT.
BE A PRO
- Addressed shootout coach feedback overlay issue.