Nintendo has announced a list of the games Gamescom attendees will be able to sample at the upcoming expo, which takes place in Cologne from August 21st-25th. A whole host of Wii U and 3DS titles will be available to demo, the most exciting of which being Europe’s first ever playable glimpse at the much anticipated Pokemon X and Y in a short playable demo.
The fully announced list comes out to:
– Pikmin 3, which has already been released in Europe as of July 26th, will be =available on the floor for the Wii U to show off all of its brand new interactive features.
– The Wonderful 101, in which players control up to 100 heroes at a time in order to defend the earth from an invading alien scourge. The Wonderful 101 launches on August 23rd.
– The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, the beloved Gamecube title, has been remastered, revamped, and repackaged for the Wii U, incorporating some of the systems unique interactive features and overall touching up the game’s look for HD.
– Sonic Lost World will be available for fans of the classic franchise. Sonic returns to team up with former nemesis Dr. Eggman to battle the Deadly Six, showcasing a host of new abilities and fun environments.
– Wii party U, the Wii U’s family oriented board game station will be playable, and features board games, mini games, table top games, etc.
– Donkey Country: Tropical Freeze, the much anticipated new Donkey Kong side scroller, which features Donkey, Diddy, and Dixie Kong jumping and rolling their way over and through new enemies and environments
– Super Mario 3D World, which is the first multiplayer 3D Mario game for the Wii u will be playable, and will feature some never before seen abilities from the Mario cast.
– Wii Karaoke U will be available to all Gamescom attendees. Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing is really up to you.
– And Finally, Mario Kart 8, set for a Spring 2014 release will be avaiable to demo in full HD.
– Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, which launches November 8th, will be available for a demo. This final game in the Professor Layton prequel trilogy takes place one year after the events of Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask.
– The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is a new entry in the Zelda series, set in the same world as the SNES classis, A Link to the Past. The game will expand upon the original top down 2D perspective, incorporating many of the unique graphic elements that the 3DS has to offer.