With Fortnite paving the way for full cross platform play across PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, PC, and mobile, you might expect other games to follow in its footsteps, but so far, none of them have. In fact, the latest addition to the cross platform play family, the free to play hero shooter Paladins, got crossplay enabled today via an update—but not for PS4.
It’s cross platform play has been enabled for Nintendo Switch, PC, and Xbox One. This means that if you are playing on the PS4, you now effectively have access to the smallest pool of players. That said, this should not come as a surprise to anyone, because the developers of Paladins have explicitly called Sony out on their stance towards cross platform play previously (comments made after Fortnite was enabled for full cross platform play, that is).
Hopefully, whatever the issues are that are holding up the activation of cross platform play on the PS4 side of things get resolved soon. You can see part of the patch notes for the newest update below.
GENERAL BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to select a non-saved loadout if the match popped while they were constructing it.
- Fixed an issue where Lian’s Lounge Emote did not include her chair.
- Fixed a text error with the Jenos Squidbert skin.
- Corrected the Death Stamp order on the Profile Equip menu.
- CC reduction now reduces percent effectiveness of slow instead of duration.
Haven is now properly reducing damage from the following abilities:
- Buck – Net Shot
- Maeve – Pounce
- Ash – Shoulder Bash
- Lian – Grace
- Zhin – Spite
- Strix – Flare
- Talus – Blitz Upper
- Khan – Commander’s Grab
Fixed various Warder’s Gate collision issues, one of which could result in players falling through the floor of the map.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)