Persona 4 Golden PC Gets New Update For Progression, Crashing, Resolution Issues, And More
The successful release gets a little polish.
Earlier this year, we got the surprise drop of Persona 4 Golden on Steam. While spin offs of the series has been on a variety of platforms, it marked the first time a mainline Persona title to come to a non-PlayStation platform, as well as the first time a Persona title had come to PC (it’s also only the second Atlus title to come to PC in many years). It was a huge success for the company, and for fans, it shows a hope that more PC ports will come as Atlus’ parent company, Sega, has said its success has caused it to reevaluate more multiplatform titles. But in the meantime, the Persona 4 we have got a tad of extra polish today.
As seen on the game’s official Steam page, the game got a pretty major update. The patch addresses a lot of issues, but the biggest ones is crashes related to the Xbox One controller being connected and disconnected, resolving some issues around the resolution scaling with Windows 10, as well as progression programs. You can read the list at the link above or the full patch notes below.
Persona 4 Golden is available now on PC with patch 1.1 live now. The only other way to play the game is via the PlayStation Vita.
- Fixes to video quizzes
- Fixes to cutscene playback, including a lower playback mode for smoother play on older machines.
- Soft locks occurring around Personamations
- Random crashes reported
- Crashes related to removing Xbox One controllers
- A hang issue that occurs during Midnight Trivia Quiz
- Blank items in inventory causing crashes and freezes. Please note that if you are experiencing this issue, your old saves will retain the blank item, so it is suggested that you generate new saves and avoid old saves with blank items.
- An audio issue related the audio setting during Yosuke’s Calvary Attack.
- A progression issue that occurs when entering Yukiko’s castle.
- Addresses a known issue where Quest 3 could not be completed by some players.
- Optimized cutscene movies for better playback that was causing stuttering.
- When using high resolution monitors, resolved an issue where the Windows 10 resolution scaling was being applied.
- Fixed a freeze issue when equipping a blank item in “Equip > Clothes”.
If you have a blank item in the Clothes menu, please be sure to remove it as these blank items can be still in your currently saved game data. Equipping blank items can trigger various freeze issues in other locations.
- Resolved a soft lock that could occur after an All-Out-Attack.