Zen Studios’ Pinball FX2 is now out on the Xbox One. The game was originally supposed to launch earlier, but got held up at the last minute, because of the developer’s decision to add cross platform tables in the eleventh hour.
It is good though that that feature was added, otherwise, players who already owned the game on the Xbox 360 would have had to spend substantial amounts of money re-purchasing pinball tables that they had already spent a lot of money buying already. This feature now allows you to port your tables over to the new game, making an upgrade to it that much more palatable.
Pinball FX2 is free to play, with one standard table that you get for free, and further tables either needing to be purchased, or ported from the Xbox 360 version of the game. If you do want to port your old tables, follow the following steps (thanks to Eurogamer for collecting and collating these for us):
- Make sure you are signed in and using the account that purchased content on Xbox 360
- Select the content you with to download, and click the “Buy / Import Table” option
- If you are eligible for the free import, you will be asked to complete a transaction for $0.00
- The content will automatically be placed in your game queue, download, and install
- Please be patient with the system, it may take a few minutes for content to queue
- If after 10 minutes the content does not queue, complete the following steps
- Pinball FX2 >My Games & Apps >Select Pinball FX2> Push the Menu Button >Select ‘Manage Game’ >Scroll to the far right and you will see a list of items under ‘Ready to Install.’ You can select all, and these will install to Pinball FX2.