PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds PC Test Patch Targets Cheaters, Introduces New Crates
Bluehole is offering a new way to report cheaters while introducing new crate options.
A new patch is available for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds on PC test servers and it follows up on the last Steam Community post from Bluehole that addressed cheating. With this latest update, the developer has now made it possible to report cheaters from the replay feature. You don’t have to be killed by said suspected cheater in order to report them. Overall, this should make it easier for players to analyze whether someone is cheating or not.
This is just the test build but there’s even more to look forward to. Bluehole is also introducing a new crate system. Two new crates have been introduces, one which can be opened with a key and the other for free. Test server players will receive 100,000 BP and six Early Bird keys.
Spending BP will grant you one of four possible crates though there’s a higher chance of receiving the new crates. The new keys are a unified form of key that can also open Desperado and Gamescom keys. All of these crate items are simply cosmetic. Check out some of the test build patch notes below for more information.
Added more objects around La Bendita on Miramar to increase the amount of cover
Reduced the visible distance when parachuting down in order to test the optimization of server and client performance at the early phases of the game
Changed the design of the energy drink
- Adjusted the squad team colors (players 1~4) to better reflect their callout names (yellow, orange, blue, green)
- Adjusted squad team colors to make them more consistent between different colorblind options
- Added a function where a player can select more detailed criteria for the “Cheating” category in the in-game report tool
- You can choose multiple items or you can just report without selecting any of them
- While player’s nameplate is on (H key), now you can check the current weapon of that player by pressing G key
- Added report button in replay
- Report button pops up when pressing RMB on the player list (TAB key)
- While observing / following mode, report button appears on the timeline (J key)
- Added a care package icon changing effect according to the status
- The icon will be different when the care package is falling and looted by other players
- Adjusted replay system so that now a player can watch the replay without extra delay in the following cases:
When the player won the match
When all teammates are eliminated
- Fixed the issue where when a player lands from the plane the position of character teleports intermittently
- Fixed the issue where character animation is frozen when rejoining after a crash
- Fixed the issue where the red zone disappears instantly after it formed
- Fixed the issue where some vehicles spawned on Miramar are stuck to an object and unable to move
- Fixed the issue where a player sometimes couldn’t pass through a door even though it was open
- Fixed the issue where mouse cursor would disappear on a replay map
- Fixed the issue where when replay and death cam were played, the crosshair was bouncing
- Fixed the issue where the falling speed meter text was showing abnormally in Portuguese