With Pokémon, you can never have enough money. There is no end to the variety of experiments available to dedicated hardcore players. So, whether you’re simply trying to buy fancy Poke Balls or items to boost the Effort Values of your favorite Poke pals, this guide highlights the most efficient ways to farm money in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
Equip the Amulet Coin
If you’re looking to increase your earnings in battles, consider equipping one of your Pokémon with the Amulet Coin. This item doubles the amount of prize money you receive after every battle. To obtain it, you must first defeat five Pokémon trainers in the West Province. Once you’ve accomplished this, go to the eastern side of Medali and visit the Pokémon Center, where you’ll encounter a representative from the Pokémon League. Speak to this representative and they will reward you with the Amulet Coin, provided you have defeated the required five trainers. With this item in your possession, you’ll be able to accumulate money more quickly in your Pokémon adventures.
Sell Unwanted items at the PokeMart
If you’ve been playing the game for a while, chances are that you have accumulated a substantial amount of items that you may never use. Don’t let those items clutter up your inventory – instead, consider selling them to earn some extra cash. It’s best to wait until you’ve gathered at least 100 items before selling them in one transaction, as this will maximize your profit.
Academy Ace Tournament
If you’re looking for the best way to make money in the post-game of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, consider participating in the Academy Tournament. With the right setup, you can earn a substantial amount of Poke Dollars – up to 120,000 every 10 minutes. However, there are a few prerequisites to this farming method. First and foremost, you need a high-level Pokémon, preferably at level 100, that can defeat opponents in one shot while in Terra Form. Additionally, you’ll need to equip the Amulet Coin to maximize your earnings.
Once you have these items, make sure to only have a single Pokémon in your party, and consider using a PP Up to increase the PP of your Pokémon’s main attack. When the battle begins, switch to Terra Form and repeatedly press the A button to quickly defeat your opponent.
Participating in Raids
Looking for a way to gather resources and earn money in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet? Tera Raids may be just the thing for you. These raids offer different rewards each time, depending on the level of the raid and the RNG. Some items you might obtain include those that can be sold for anywhere from 250 to 20,000 Poke Dollars. While Tera Raids do require some pre-planning and setup, the rewards can be well worth the effort.
Star Training Center (STC)
- You can challenge Team Star’s Bosses once per day. You’ll be able to earn close to 100,000 Poke Dollars if you manage to defeat all of the bosses.
- Here are the locations and level recommendations for each of the bosses:
|Dark Crew & Boss Giacomo
|West Province, near Cascarrafa and Medali.
|Fire Crew & Boss Mela
|East Province (Area Three).
|Poison Crew & Boss Atticus
|Tagtree Thickett, near the East Province (Areas 3), and north of Zapapico.
|Fairy Crew & Boss Ortega
|North of North Province (Area Three).
|Fighting Crew & Boss Eri
|North-East of the map.
Fighting Trainers all over the Paldea
- Fighting trainers is the simplest way to earn money. It’s consistent and your Pokémon also gets leveled up in a process which is also quite efficient.
Scavenging for Shiny Items
- Picking up shiny objects all over the map can often net you an expensive object that you can exchange for a good bit of money. Since you’ll be traveling a lot, simply ride over the shiny objects. It doesn’t take much time and in the end you can sell the bulk items for a hefty profit.
Using the Pay Day move
- As of now, only Meowth is able to learn the Pay Day
- Pay Day a single target Normal move with only 40 power. However, the user gains money after using this move.
- Use it during trainer battles to increase the money rewards you receive after every match.
- The effect stacks with the Amulet Coin.