The Switch also continues to enjoy impressive sales.
There are no new game releases in this week’s Japanese software charts, as per the figures provided by Famitsu, while the top 10 is dominated by Nintendo gams and Switch titles (all ten games are Switch releases). At the very top, just like last week (and every week since their launch), is Pokemon Sword and Shield, which continues to show impressive sales, selling over 201,000 copies in its fourth week.
Taking the second spot with a sizeable gap between it and No. 1 is Luigi’s Mansion 3, with over 34,000 copies sold. These two are far from the only first party Nintendo games in the top 10. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Super Mario Party, and Super Mario Maker 2 are all also in the top 10.
Meanwhile, on the hardware front, the Switch is continuing to enjoy a massive boost in sales, as has been the case for a few weeks now, having moved over 188,000 units, which is slightly more than what it managed last week. Meanwhile, even the PS4 has enjoyed a spike in sales thanks to the Holiday season, moving over 41,000 units, which is a huge boost compared to last week’s sales of over 8,000 units.
You can check out the full software and hardware charts below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales)
01. [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield – 201,838 / 2,224,881
02. [NSW] Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 34,122 / 319,297
03. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure – 16,128 / 328,511
04. [NSW] Minecraft – 15,335 / 1,038,091
05. [NSW] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020 – 15,159 / 77,180
06. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 14,623 / 2,557,915
07. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 13,959 / 3,362,447
08. [NSW] Super Mario Party – 13,872 / 1,177,650
09. [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 – 12,284 / 720,268
10. [NSW] Fishing Spirits: Nintendo Switch Version – 11,521 / 243,913
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales)
Nintendo Switch: 188,501 (186,763)
PS4: 41,401 (8,626)
Nintendo 3DS: 4,074 (1,580)
Xbox One: 400 (891)
PS Vita: 45 (26)