Quantic Dream Hiring Fashion Designer For Its New PS4 Game
Apparently, in his quest to make his video games as life like and as unlike video games as possible, David Cage has put out a job ad for a fashion designer to help with his upcoming new PlayStation 4 game. While I think that, as usual, Cage has gone overboard and completely missed the point, he is, in fact, the director of multiple million selling video games, while I am not, so what do I know, really.
Apparently, it’s not a throwaway job either- there appears to be a pretty hefty list of responsibilities:
- delivering a coherent overall costume vision that fits in with the visual developed by the art team.
- breaking down the game design scene by scene, in order to work out how many characters are involved, and what costumes are required.
- working closely with the characters’ designers in order to document their designs and create costume variations for each character.
- creating technical drawings of each piece of garment for each costume.
- creating garments’ lists in order to clothe the background characters.