Apparently, in his quest to make his video games as life like and as unlike video games as possible, David Cage has put out a job ad for a fashion designer to help with his upcoming new PlayStation 4 game. While I think that, as usual, Cage has gone overboard and completely missed the point, he is, in fact, the director of multiple million selling video games, while I am not, so what do I know, really.
Apparently, it’s not a throwaway job either- there appears to be a pretty hefty list of responsibilities:
- delivering a coherent overall costume vision that fits in with the visual developed by the art team.
- breaking down the game design scene by scene, in order to work out how many characters are involved, and what costumes are required.
- working closely with the characters’ designers in order to document their designs and create costume variations for each character.
- creating technical drawings of each piece of garment for each costume.
- creating garments’ lists in order to clothe the background characters.