Rainbow Six: Siege’s Latest Patch Enforces Harsher Penalties For Killing Teammates
You can get banned for anywhere between 30 minutes to 7 days.
After the launch of season 3, Operation Grim Sky, of Rainbow Six Siege, Ubisoft have released the details for the latest patch for the game, which is by design lighter than what they usually do with the game’s patches. The patch brings about a few fixes for bugs and a few minor glitches here and there.
However, the most notable change brought about by the new update is significantly harsher penalties for killing members of your own team. Up until now, the penalty for doing is has been pretty cut and dry- you get booted from the game, plain and simple. However, the new punishments are much harsher.
On your very first offence, you get handed a ban from matchmaking for 30 minutes, a time period which keeps on increasing with each successive offence. Your second offence gets you an hour-long ban, the third one gets you banned for two hours, while the fourth one brings about an entire 24 hour-long ban. Finally, if you repeat the offence of killing a teammate for the fifth time, you get a mighty seven day ban.
You can check out the full patch notes below, as provided by Ubisoft.
Team kill bans
- First offence: Banned from Matchmaking for 30 minutes
- Second offence: Banned from Matchmaking for 1 hour
- Third offence: Banned from Matchmaking for 2 hours.
- Fourth offence: Banned from Matchmaking for 24 hours.
- Fifth offence: Banned from Matchmaking for 7 days.
- Fixed – [PC][PS4][XB1] A number of crashing issues across all platforms.
- Fixed – [PC][XB1] Cannot use melee for a short while after using prone.
- Fixed – Players are able to take the defuser through the walls.
- Fixed – Throwing C4 on an electrified wall will not destroy the nitro cell on contact.
- Fixed – The bullet casings are ejected forwards when firing the AR-15.50 weapon.
- Fixed – Clash’s Shield can be deployed while crouched.
- Fixed – Clash’s CCE shield can clip in the arm and clip in the pistol.
- Fixed – Clash is able to fire her gun before weapon appears on screen.
- Fixed – In the loadout menu charms are not equipped in the same place as during a session for Clash’s CCE Shield.
- Fixed – When a player is killed by the CCE shield, the generic death icon is displayed instead of the taser shield
- Fixed – [PC][XB1] Clash’s CCE shield is clips through partially broken barricades when rotating.
- Fixed – If the attackers drop the defuser, Smoke can move it by throwing his gadget on it.
- Fixed – Players are able to throw gadgets outside during the prep phase via the floor of 2F Bathroom.
- Fixed – Inconsistency between thumbnail icon and preview for Buck’s Grim Sky BDU.
- Fixed – Non-purchased items have the ‘set as active’ option.
- Fixed – Error message present in the pop-up modal when 2SV is active.
- Fixed – Pressing enter multiple times while the title is loading will cause the title to start a situation with the 2SV pop-up still on the screen.
- Fixed – All the Six Major Paris Charms appear with a placeholder model.