Unless you own a Neo Geo, you’ve probably never heard of Razion EX. The shooter is insanely expensive on its original hardware, but more people should be able to play it soon as developer NG:Dev.Team has announced an upgraded version of the game is coming to Switch sometime in the next two weeks, with an exact date to be announced in the next couple days.
The game will launch with three difficulty modes (novice, normal, and maniac) and run at 60 FPS. The game will launch with 6 stages, 6 end bosses, and 7 sub bosses. In addition, the EX version makes several changes to the original.
- reworked gameplay
- re-balanced and reduced difficulty
- added bullet canceling for certain enemies
- reworked controls and ship movements
- upgraded graphics and added 32 bit effects
- upgraded to widescreen
- slightly reworked levels
- reworked scoring mechanics
- unlock-able continues
- added training mode for unlocked levels and bosses
- added small ending
The game will be releasing digitally, but those in the market for a physical edition will be able to purchase one from NG:Dev.Team’s website. You can watch a trailer for the game below, courtesy of NG:Dev.Team.