Red Dead Redemption 2 is an open world game, but it differs from other open world games in that it eschews a needless collectathon in favor of actual survival and realism mechanics. In a lot of regards, the game that it seems to be most like is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Like that game, crafting and cooking will be a big part of your core loop. And like that game, in spite of the lack of emphasis on collectathon style objectives, there are still some things for you to track down and collect. This guide covers that stuff.
Let’s get the collection stuff out of the way first. Dreamcatchers are a kind of collectible in the game, that can be collected at any time, in any order, after Chapter 2. They grow in trees (literally), and you can just walk up to one and collect it. They can’t be missed, so you never need to worry that you’ll be locked out of collecting one, if you want it. You can track the progress of how many you have in the menu—having all 20 is necessary for getting 100% completion. Getting all of them also gets you a new perk.
If you want to see where to find these Dreamcatchers, as well as what the reward for you is, make sure to check out the video below:
RECIPES FOR COOKING
Cooking has a big focus in this game. You get health and stamina benefits, as well as perks and buffs, from eating. Below are the receipes for those of you who are aspiring chefs:
- Gritty Fish: Need: Gritty Fish Meat Effect: Restores all cores a little bit
- Plain Crustacean: Need: Crustacean Meat Effect: Restores all cores by a fair bit
- Plain Exotic Bird: Need: Exotic Bird Meat Effect: Restores all cores by a lot
- Plain Flaky Fish: Need: Flaky Fish Meat Effect: Restores all cores by a fair bit
- Plain Game Bird: Need: Gamey Bird Meat Effect: Restores all cores by a little bit
- Plain Herptile: Need: Herptile Meat Effect: Restores all cores a little bit
- Plain Plump Bird: Need: Plump Bird Meat Effect: Restores all cores by a fair bit
- Plain Succulent Fish: Need: Succulent Fish Meat Effect: Restores all cores by a lot
- Plain Venison: Need: Mature Venison Meat Effect: Restores all cores by a lot
You can also craft your own items using supplies and things found in the wild. in many cases, in fact, that may be your best bet to be able to kit yourself appropriately, whether because buying new stuff is too expensive, or because you can’t afford to trudge your way to a town right now for whatever reason.
So, below we have the crafting recipes in this game.
- Fire Arrow: Need Animal Fat, Arrow, Flight Feather
- Fire Bottle: Need Animal Fat, Gurma Run
- Improved Arrow: Need Arrow, Flight Feather
- Potent Health Cure: Need Ginseg, Yarrow
- Potent Predator Bait: Need Gritty Fish Meat, Raspberry
- Potent Snake Oil: Need Indian Tobacco
- Predator Bait: Need Stringy Meat, Raspberry x1
- Small Game Arrow: Need Arrow, Flight Feather, Shotgun Shell
- Split Point Repeater Cartridges: Need Regular Repeater Cartridge
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)