Red Dead Redemption 2 Receives Update 1.04, Now Available to Download
There still seems to be no official fix for the HDR implementation, however.
Red Dead Redemption 2 has just received update 1.04 . You would ordinarily expect an update with such an incremental version number to be a pretty small one, but it weighs in at 1.4GB, so it seems substantial enough. That’s because, according to the official patch notes for the patch, it seems to address quite a lot.
If you were expecting a fix the missing people in camp bug, which has stalled the progress for many a player, and has been without a doubt the most commonly raised bug with the game, then, well, you’re out of luck. Also not addressed is the issue with the game’s HDR implementation, another common complaint.
Instead, it seems to have focused on fixing a bunch of other bugs, across both, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online. You can see the full patch notes for yourself below, but it seems like a fair amount of possible problems with the game have been addressed.
RDR2 Story Mode General / Miscellaneous – PS4, Xbox One
- Fixed an issue where the player could become stuck at 90% when loading an autosave made immediately after the mission ‘Country Pursuits’, if it was the only open mission
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on loading screen when trying to restart game after completing the mission ‘County Pursuits’
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at 90% when loading a save in Chapter 2, if they had set up camp near Horseshoe Overlook after completing ‘The First Shall Be Last’
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at 90% when loading after loading an autosave or manual save
- Fixed an issue where players could lose access to all weapons and equipment in their weapon wheel after completing a mission replay in Guarma
Red Dead Online Beta General / Miscellaneous – PS4, Xbox One
- General stability improvements
- Fixed the issue where players removing an injured horse from the stables without healing it would result in the Scrawny Nag appearing when whistling for their horse
- Fixed an issue where players could not exit the house in the Mission ‘Love and Honor’
- Fixed an issue where players would be unable to load beyond 90% in the Red Dead Online beta unless they entered Story mode first
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at a black screen after a Posse leader quit the lobby in the mission ‘Love and Honor’
- Fixed an issue where players could crash to the Xbox Home screen when resuming from a suspended state after connecting to Xbox Live services
- Fixed an issue where players could be kicked from Rockstar game services with error 0x99395004 after completing part 2 of the mission ‘Honor Among Horse Thieves’