Shin Megami Tensei IV is over 50 hours long
Translated details summarized.
Shin Megami Tensei IV has received some new details courtesy of last weekend’s Nico Nico Super Conference. The game is also said to have paid DLC, a dropped Moon Phase system, and will have no links to previous games.
This was translated by Gematsu and originally posted on livedoor.jp. Take a look at the details below.
There will also be an option to switch character voices on and off , however the date for original soundtrack has not been decided.
Here is the summary of the game.
- There’s no direct connection to the previous three Shin Megami Tensei games, but the background music arrangement holds some deeper ties to the previous titles.
- The world of Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey‘s is unrelated to Shin Megami Tensei IV‘s, but the Black Samurai’s suit might be related, and a connection with the first Shin Megami Tensei is also possible.
- It takes over 50 hours to complete the game.
- Plans for paid downloadable content will be revealed at a later date.
- Lucifer will make an appearance, but Louis Cyphre’s appearance is unclear.
- The three Jack Brothers will make an appearance and a new Jack Frost will be introduced.
- There is an option to switch character voices on and off.
- Demon Fusion and conversation, etc. rewards the player with experience points.
- The Macca Beam will appear. But this time, there is no Moon Phase System.
- A brutally difficult mode might be included.
- The release date for the original soundtrack is still undecided.
- V-Jump will publish a Shin Megami Tensei IV-based comic, with someone named Minadan leading.