Game Informer’s latest issues is carrying a proper reveal for upcoming Silent Hill game.
Titled, Silent Hill: Downpour, the game seems to be pretty interesting and does away from the traditional Silent Hill formula.
We have rounded up the info that the feature has about Konami’s latest below:
- Demo takes place in the outskirts of SH
- The town is so large that you can use a subway system to travel between focal points
- Avoid fights when possible, better to deliver incapacitating blows and run away (so good!)
- Boss fights with quicktime events (not so good)
- Water plays a huge part in the game, bizarre water effects like what looks like an upside down river flowing across a ceiling is described
- Prominent locations in the older installments like schools and hospitals will not return
- The southeastern part of Silent Hill that you see on the maps in the older games but never go to is the area that will be explored in DownpourN
- No weapon inventory, weapons weaken and break
- There will be puzzle difficulty options
The game’s releasing this year for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. No dates yet.