Apart from weapons, Sons of the Forest also features different types of armor. These armors increase your defense stats, which reduce damage taken from enemies and provide warmth during the harsh winters.
There are a total of six different types of armor in Sons of the Forest. They are as follows:
- Golden Armor
- Tech Armor
- Hide Armor
- Bone Armor
- Creepy Armor
- Leaf Armor
Let’s take a look at them one by one.
All Sons of the Forest Armor:
- The Golden Armor is easily the best armor in the game, excelling in high defense and durability. But getting it is going to be a difficult task. It’s more of an end-game item, so you have to be well prepared before you venture out to procure it.
- It’s located in southeast corner of the island, west of the snowy mountains. You will need to look out for a large lake. Once you procure it, you can access new areas like Magma Caverns.
- How do you get it though? You need to have the Maintenance Keycard. This will unlock the door leading to the armor. Once you have it, head out to the large lake and find a cave next to it. Once you enter, descend and you will find a locked door. This is where the keycard will come in handy. Once inside, get yourself ready to face off against hordes of enemies.
- Kill them all and head downstairs. In one of the rooms, you will find the Golden Armor just lying around.
- One thing you should know about the Golden Armor is that you cannot craft it. But besides the Golden Armor, every other armor can be crafted.
Crafting Requirements – 1x Tech Mesh, 1x Batteries, 1x Wire, 1x Duct Tape, and 1x Circuit Board.
Traits: Offers modest damage reduction
This is a rather expensive armor since you need to make ten armor pieces to complete the set. You need a Tech Mesh which requires 250 Resin which means you would need 2500 Resin in total!
Crafting Requirements – 1x Cloth and 1x Animal Hide.
Traits: Lower damage reduction that Tech armor but easy to craft
Crafting Requirements – 4x Bones 1x Rope and 1x Duct Tape.
Traits: Medium damage protection
In Sons of the Forest, the Bone armor is one of the first armors that you can get. It’s largely similar to the Hide Armor.
Crafting Requirements – 1x Mutant Skin, and 1x Combat Knife
Traits: Less defense than Bone armor but way easier to craft. Makes you less stealthy.
Just like the Bone Armor, this is early in-game item.
Crafting Requirements – 10x Leaf and 1x Cloth
Traits: Lowest defense among all armors in the game but very easy to craft.
The most basic armor in the game, the leaf Armor is not something you would want to use later in the game.