Bandai Namco’s second season for Soulcalibur 6 will begin on November 26th but before that is a meaty update for all players. Update 2.00 will launch on November 25th and introduces several new mechanics to the game. We already know about the expanded roster of moves but what else can be expected?
Two new stages – Silver Wolves’ Haven and Grand Labyrinth – Sealed Corridor – are coming for all players. Some new systems will also be in place for combat. The first is Soul Attack, described as a “strengthened strike” which can help turn the tables. The second is Resist Impact, an interesting defensive move which is capable of “repelling any attack.” Yes, even the unblockable attacks, which should probably be known as sometimes-blockable attacks now.
Other changes include slight damage received after a successful grapple break and Reversal Edge not longer shifting to a clash if an opponent blocks the strike. Check out the full patch notes here and the battle adjustments in detail here. Soulcalibur 6 is currently available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC – check out our review for the game here.
Additional Stages (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC)
The following stages will be available for everyone after installing this update:
- Silver Wolves’ Haven
- Grand Labyrinth – Sealed Corridor (only available in Training mode).
Battle Adjustments (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC)
- Brand new moves will be added to each character.
- New Battle System “Soul Attack” will be added to the game – A strengthened strike that can turn the tide of a battle.
- New Battle System “Resist Impact” will be added to the game – The ultimate defense move capable of repelling any attack including the currently unblockable ones.
- With this update, Reversal Edge will not shift to Reversal Edge clash when opponent guards the attack.
- With this update, a character will receive slight damage even when a grapple break is successful (a character will not get knocked out by this damage).
- We will also make some modifications on gameplay and balance adjustments.
- We will add an explanation regarding the new battle system to Tutorial Battle in Mission: Libra of Soul. (Players can learn about the battle systems in “Drona’s Dojo” in Mission: Libra of Soul.)
- We will add an explanation regarding the new battle system to Combat Lessons in Museum.
- Due to the addition of new moves and the balance adjustment, we will update the content of Fighting Style Lessons in Museum.