Star Wars: Battlefront 2 might very well be the definition of “bad press” (and not without reason, either), but even so, it’s a game that has a very active online community. People continue to flock the game in the thousands, and if you’re one of those people, the latest patch for the game might have brought back some interesting new stuff to the game for you.
The August patch for Battlefront 2 may not be a particularly huge one, but it does bring with it the return of two pretty prominent things. For one, Emperor Palpatine is back in the game, and issues with his lock on and his force lightning have been fixed to make him less overpowered.
Meanwhile, Ewok Hunt has also been added back to the game, with some of its issues ironed out, such as one where stormtroopers couldn’t board the shuttle. Other than these changes, a few other issues have also been addressed, such as rebalancing the stamina for lightsaber heroes.
You can check out the full patch notes below, as provided by the developers. Battlefront 2 recently received a new Han Solo content update based on the recent film Solo, while General Grevious, Count Dooku, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Anakin Skywalker are also in the pipeline. Read more on that here.
- Palpatine has been added back to the game
- Fixed an issue with Palpatine being very overpowered by restricting the angle from which the player could lock on with his lighting ability
- Fixed an issue with Palpatine being able to lock onto targets through walls
- Ewok Hunt has been added back to the game
- Fixed an issue in Ewok Hunt where Stormtroopers were unable to board the shuttle
- Rebalanced stamina for lightsaber heroes
- Fixed an issue in Hero Starfighters on PC where players experienced a short stuttering before being locked on
- Fixed an issue with Extraction where objective markers were misplaced on Kessel and Jabba’s Palace