Konami’s support for Super Bomberman R, which launched last year exclusively on the Nintendo Switch, before also coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC earlier this year, has been nothing short of fantastic, and it looks like the company plans on continuing with that streak going forward. Out of nowhere, Konami has confirmed that Super Bomberman R will be getting lots of Metal Gear themed crossover content, including a new Snake bomber who is voiced by none other than David Hayter. What.
That’s not all the Metal Gear content coming to the game either- other Bombers include Raiden and Naked Snake, and a new Mother Base stage has also been added. Bombers from other Konami franchises, such as Zone of the Enders and Contra, have also been added to the game, as well as a new mode which is about controlling checkpoints on the map.
You can see the full trailer for the new update below, as well as a list of all the new Bombers being added to the game. Super Bomberman R is available on Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
- Solid Snake Bomber (Metal Gear Solid series)
- Naked Snake Bomber (Metal Gear Solid series)
- Raiden Bomber (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance)
- Bill Bomber (Contra series)
- Lance Bomber (Contra series)
- Ebisumaru Bomber (Goemon series)
- Vic Viper Bomber (Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner)
- Ayako Katagiri Bomber (Tokimeki Memorial series)
- Xavier Woods Bomber
- Max (Switch Exclusive)