The charts are otherwise dominated by Switch first party exclusives.
Famitsu has released its latest weekly charts for video game software and hardware sales in Japan for the week ending April 7. Bandai Namco’s newly released tactical card game, Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission, has taken the top spot in the sales charts in its debut week, selling over 70,000 copies.
Yoshi’s Crafted World, last week’s top selling game, drops down to second place, still managing to sell a respectable 28,000 copies. Meanwhile, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is still going strong in third place, with over 18,000 copies sold.
The rest of the top 10 is almost entirely dominated by Nintendo releases exclusively for the Switch. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe have consistently been charting high since their releases, and they have done so yet again, occupying the fourth and fifth spots with sales of over 14,000 and over 12,000 respectively. Minecraft sits in between the two- not a Nintendo game, but still the Switch version.
The rest of the top 10 is occupied by other Switch evergreens- the usual suspects, with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Super Mario Party.
On the hardware front, sales for the Switch are steady once again. Nintendo’s hybrid sees a minor drop of 3,000 units, moving over 46,000 units in total this week. The PS4, meanwhile, has seen a significant drop in sales. While last week, it sold a collective 24,000 units (which in turn was down from over 35,000 the week before that), this week, the base model and the PS4 Pro have in total managed to move only over 13,000 units.
You can check out the full software and hardware charts below.
Software charts (followed by lifetime sales)
1. [NSW] Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission – 70,990 / NEW
2. [NSW] Yoshi’s Crafted World – 28,468 / 78,745
3. [PS4] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice – 18,101 / 212,961
4. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 14,775 / 3,000,151
5. [NSW] Minecraft – 12,278 / 719,845
6. [NSW] New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 12,111 / 560,098
7. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 9,551 / 2,246,416
8. [NSW] Splatoon 2 – 8,161 / 3,028,994
9. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 6,309 / 1,281,348
10. [NSW] Super Mario Party – 6,305 / 991,550
Hardware charts (followed by last week’s sales)
Switch – 46,850 (49,852)
PS4 – 8,347 (17,286)
PS4 Pro – 5,507 (6,577)
New 2DS LL – 3,469 (4,291)
New 3DS LL – 919 (765)
PS Vita – 482 (717)
Xbox One X – 60 (64)
Xbox One S – 33 (28)