2017 was a great year for games- it saw the resurgence of Nintendo, it saw Sony put out one of their most acclaimed first party games ever, it saw several Japanese games and 3D platformers break into the mainstream, and it saw the revival of franchises such as Call of Duty and Assassin’s Creed.
And yet, on Amazon, one game managed to reign supreme over all the other ones- that one game was Super Mario Odyssey, which ended up being the highest selling game of 2017 on the online retailer. The next highest selling game of the year was Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, followed by the Switch version of Breath of the Wild; Horizon came in fourth place, and the PS4 and Xbox versions of Call of Duty followed respectively.
All told, Nintendo exclusives hold six of the ten spots in the top ten- a stunning showing for the company, and one that is no doubt well earned. You can check out the full list below.
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the Nintendo Switch
- Horizon: Zero Dawn
- Call of Duty: WWII for the PlayStation 4
- Call of Duty: WWII for the Xbox One
- Splatoon 2
- Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the Nintendo Wii U
- Destiny 2 for the PlayStation 4