It’s been some time since Neon Giant’s excellent cyberpunk action RPG The Ascent launched, and the indie team has been plugging away behind the scenes to deploy patches to fix various issues with the game that have been brought up by players. Another new patch is also in the works, and though we don’t know the full extent of what it will fix, the developer has shared some highlights of the issues the update will address.
For starters, several progression bugs in various quests in the games are going to be fixed. Meanwhile, various co-op issues are also being addressed, in addition to performance improvements and ray-tracing fixes on PC (specifically the Windows 10 version), as well as other visual, stability, audio, and translation fixes. Neon Giant stresses that this isn’t the full list of fixes (more detailed patch notes will arrive later), but you can check out the list of highlights shared by the developer below.
The patch is going to be deployed in the near future, but there’s no word yet on exactly when to expect it. That said, the development team says it will keep working on fixes for the game for the foreseeably future, writing, “Rest assured that our team is dedicated to improving the game for all players on all platforms, and we will keep working hard on The Ascent throughout the rest of the year and beyond.”
The Ascent is available on Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC.
- Fixes have been made to resolve situations where no FullChromes are present during “Mutual Dependencies” (Mission 2) unblocking Players stuck here.
- A fix has been made to resolve an issue where some Players were blocked at the ‘Find Lanier’ step during “Data Miner” (Mission 5)
- We have made a fix for players reporting being blocked at the “talk to Kira” step in “Trace Protocol” (Mission 7)
- Achievements: fix for the “Comprehensive” Achievement. We are also looking into fixes for “Win”, “For Both Our Benefits” and “Omnihacker”.
- Performance improvements on PC and Windows 10 (including a fix for Raytracing not working for Windows 10 players)
- Various co-op fixes (including elevators fixes and numerous issues with network disconnections)
- Many other improvements including visual issue fixes, various stability fixes, various audio fixes, translation fixes and more.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)