The Division has received its long awaited update 1.5, and it is as extensive as you were probably hoping that it would be. That said, for PC players, it will probably be a bit bittersweet, because in spite of everything else that the patch has, it does not add the DirectX 12 renderer. Some day, perhaps.
That apart, the update does have a lot of game balance tweaks and fixes, as well as a multitude of bug and glitch redressals. There are even a few fixes specifically for the PC version of the game, as well as some balance tweaks specifically for the PC version.
You can check out everything that this new patch brings with it to the table in the patch notes below. The Division is available on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
- Added World Tier 5 bracket (224+ GS)
- Enemy NPCs are level 34.
- Maximum Gear Score raised to 256.
- Heroic Incursions are now available in Tier 5 only.
- Named Gear items have been implemented in the game. One piece is available for each Gear Slot and each one comes with a unique Talent. Named Gear items can only be acquired in World Tier 5 or in Survival game mode.
- [Mask] Ferro’s oxygen mask: Players can move and shoot while under burn status effect.
- [Knee Pads] Shortbow championship pads: Grenades have shortened fuse timer.
- [Holster] Colonel Bliss’ holster: Powerful improvements for sidearms.
- [Gloves] Skulls MC gloves: Increased damage when no gear set bonuses are active.
- [Chestpiece] Barrett’s bulletproof: Powerful bonuses when skills are on cooldown.
- [Backpack] NinjaBike messenger bag: Less DZ loot and DZ XP lost when dying in the Dark Zone.
- Enemy Armor Damage now functions in PVP: damage calculation in PvP ignores a percentage of the target’s armor equal to one third of the shooter’s Enemy Armor Damage.
- Stagger now functions in PvP: high-stagger weapons (Shotguns and Marksman rifles primarily) will now cause the target’s aim to flinch.
- Tactical Advance: This talent will now provide a maximum of 30% damage increase.
- Stash size has been increased from 70 to 150 total items.
- [PC Only] Added a radial menu for emotes.
- [PC Only] Added a new UI rendering setting that will reduce game latency at the cost of framerate.
- Fixed a bug where players could trap elite NPCs inside a spawn closet during Dragon’s Nest – Eliminate the Collective checkpoint.
- Fixed a bug where players would not be able to carry the Fuse box object if they were facing a certain angle.
- Fixed instances where players could obtain High-End items at too low levels.
- Fixed a bug where the interaction radius around the Crafting Table was too small.
- Fixed a bug where weapon talents that would buff the player would be purged after switching weapons.
- Fixed a bug where the Medved and Warlord High-End weapons would drop at 163 Gear Score in Incursions at any World Tier.
- Fixed a bug where swapping out the 4th piece of a gear set with one of the same type would disable the 4-piece set bonus. This affected Tactician’s Authority, Sentry’s Call and Striker gear sets.
- Fixed a bug where Wildfire, Shrapnel and Fear Tactics would not apply their effects to nearby enemy targets.
- Fixed a bug where players would not be able to use Recovery Link signature skill while aiming another skill.
- Fixed a bug where the Recovery Link would not automatically trigger if the player took fatal damage while aiming down sights.
- Fixed a bug where weapon talents would not activate if the player had fulfilled exactly the required stat value.
- Fixed a bug where equipping a weapon directly from dropped loot would replace the players current weapon instead of an empty slot.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes looted containers and props would still be highlighted as loot-able in the game world.
- Fixed a bug where recalibrating Enemy Armor Damage stat would not use the correct values at 163 Gear Score.
- Fixed a replication issue that occurred when the player was performing a two-hand vault over an obstacle in the game world.
- Fixed instances where the Fuse box objects would not replicate correctly when players would leave the mission instance.
- Fixed game framerate while inside any inventory that has a large number of items.
- Fixed a bug where the Signature Skill icon would not disappear when “auto-hide HUD” option was enabled.
- Fixed a bug where players could not scroll an item description during item compare, in certain conditions.
- Fixed a bug where the UI would not show the new item notification when a skill mod was unlocked due to a Base of Operation upgrade.
- Fixed a bug where the Automatch megamap screen inside Underground mode would display activities that were not available for matchmaking.
- Fixed a bug where the player’s health bar would overlap the Gear Score value while the Stash is open.
- Fixed a bug where some vendors in the Base of Operations were not displayed on the megamap or the minimap.
- Fixed a weird door.
- Fixed a bug where Nimble talent would not work until reequipped if a cover to cover move is interrupted.
- Fixed a bug where players could become invincible for a few seconds after using Survivor Link.
- Fixed several instances of client crash.
- Fixed a bug where Skill Haste would not correctly affect Support Station cooldown.
- Fixed a bug where Judy Walters part 2 to 5 echos couldn’t be picked up correctly.
PC Specific [PC Only]
- Fixed a bug where the first keyboard tap to deploy a skill would not register immediately after the skill was equipped or came off cooldown.
- Fixed a bug where the player would not be able to shoot for several seconds after having thrown a skill or a grenade.
- Fixed a bug where players would get unmuted after being killed in the Dark Zone.
- Fixed a bug where the World Bracket UI was not affected by the HUD eye focus for the Tobii Eye Tracker.
- Fixed a bug where players could still interact with the crafting table even though they received an “inventory is full” notification.
- Fixed a bug where window size would not actually change when switching the video settings to windowed mode.