For several weeks running, Final Fantasy 16 has been topping Famitsu’s weekly charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games, decided by votes from its readers, though this week’s top 10 has seen some interesting changes. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has climbed up into the No. 1 spot, while Final Fantasy 16 drops down to second place, with a narrow gap separating the two.
Meanwhile, Bayonetta 3, which hadn’t yet launched when voting for these charts took place, has fallen to the No. 4 spot, while Pokemon Scarlet and Violet hang on to their spot in third place above it. In fifth place, Dragon Quest Treasures also remains unmoved.
Another Final Fantasy game follows close behind, with Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth slotting in at No. 6, while fellow Square Enix title Star Ocean: The Divine Force, which hadn’t released at the time of voting either, comes in at No. 7. Harvestella, Street Fighter 6, and Resident Evil 4 round out the top 10, just as they did last week.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between October 6 and October 12.
1. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – 716 votes
2. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 700 votes
3. [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet and Violet – 678 votes
4. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 663 votes
5. [NSW] Dragon Quest Treasures – 514 votes
6. [PS5] Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth – 329 votes
7. [PS4] Star Ocean 6 – 217 votes
8. [NSW] Harvestella – 212 votes
9. [PS5] Street Fighter 6 – 199 votes
10. [PS5] Resident Evil 4 – 198 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]