Tomb Raider Multiplayer Details Revealed: New modes, weapons and more
OXM UK magazine has detailed more information about the game.
We have some new details on Tomb Raider multiplayer and this news is fresh on the heels of what we reported earlier where the game multiplayer was leaked by GAME UK.
There are a lot of details here courtesy of OXM and Tomb Raider forums where a member complied all the details. There are a lot of details here which showcases the multiplayer of the game and also the new scenarios which you can expect in the game.
We also have details on the weapons, and it looks like your primary weapon will be a bow, with which you can distract enemies as well. Dave Rudden of OXM acknowledges that the fans will be wary of the game because of the changes Eidos Montreal–the studio developing it–has employed here.
There are modes like Team Deathmatch and Best-of-three matches but there’s not a lot of other details that we know about here. You can check out the complete list that was posted on Tomb Raider forums below.
- But of course comes back to say that after playing it feels the “creation and execution are coming from the right place.
- “a team of Lara’s surviving allies pitted against a group of hostile natives cutely referred to as “scavengers.””
- “an immediate wrong turn out of our cavernous base … had us sliding down a rocky water tunnel…”
- “the maps aren’t too wide open”
- “lever-baser traps that shot spikes out of walls, climable surfaces (ohh, fancy), destroyable environmental elements (like bridges), and weaponry like Lara’s now trademark bow and arrow.”
- Second game type “Rescue” survivors have to collect a certain amount of med-packs and deliver them to rotating destinations while scavengers must reach a certain kill count.
- Rescue gives survivors a “bleed-out” time, that you can cut short with a “brutal” melee finisher. No talk if you can bring back people that are bleeding out.
- “Wind Chasm” was the map they played on. Tropical, with traps, vantage points and junk.
- Karl “dropped hints about a mode called “Cry for Help,” which apparently will place a strong emphasis on discovery and collection.” Adventure as opposed to combat game type.
- Unclear if any other modes available.
- “select from a deep roster of characters.”
- “different stats and loadouts.”
- “primary firearm/bow, sidearm, grenade style projectile, climbing axe that serves as a melee.”
- XP gained can go to altering stats and purchasing more advanced characters.
- No Lara in multiplayer that he saw.
- Can chose the same character as a teammate.
- Some single player actions have been sped up for sanity-sake.
- Blah blah Guardian of Light makes them think multiplayer is what we want blah blah.
- “[Noah Hughes] goes on to note that while it make seem odd that this historically loner heroine now has a whole roster of companions…” What happened to Alistair? Zip? Anya? … Oh yeah, reboot.
- Goes through the same old campaign points; hanging upside down, falling onto spike, running through cave, Sam, wolf, bear trap, blah blah blah.
- Bow can be used to distract enemies.
- More QTE’s.
- “… Lara runs into a group of scavengers that includes a shielded man wearing a steel mask. Gunfire doesn’t work on this guy…”
Tell us what you think in the comments section below.