CD Projekt RED have released a mammoth update for the awesome Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.
It includes a free DLC chapter titled “A Sackful of Fluff,” along with a plethora of fan-requested improvements, including difficulty adjustments for the game’s Prologue, support for a variety of aspect ratios and a host of other gameplay tweaks and fixes.
Key improvements in the 1.3 Update include:
· Game now supports 4:3, 5:4, and 16:10 aspect ratios.
· Item storage has been added. Players can now store items from their Inventory at inns. To leave items in storage or collect previously stored items, talk to innkeepers.
· A ‘Junk’ panel has been added to the Inventory to provide greater clarity in item classification.
· A new menu option has been added under ‘Extras’ – this enables players to view in-game animated sequences (flashbacks, memory flashes, dreams stolen by harpies) outside of the game.
· ‘Dragon’ section of Prologue does not become available until after all assault-related sections have been completed, thereby softening the difficulty curve at the start of the game.