Chucklefish’s Wargroove will be receiving some free DLC in the near future but it’s not just one free Commander. Instead, we’re getting the Double Trouble DLC which introduces a new story co-op campaign (which can be played solo) and three new Outlaw Commanders. Two new unit types – Thieves and Riflemen – will also be joining the fray.
Along with Wulfar, players can control the twins Errol and Orla or Vesper, the latter receiving more details soon. The story concerns a kidnapping and the rogues planning an enormous heist. How the campaign plays out remains to be seen but there will also be new Arcade missions, Public and Private multiplayer lobbies and a new Volcano map theme.
Balance changes are also coming, which you can see below. The DLC is in the final testing phase as per the developer so once submissions are done, the release date will be announced along with a new trailer. Wargroove: Double Trouble is coming to Xbox One, PS4, PC and Nintendo Switch.
- Spearmen – Cost increased 150 => 250 gold
- Dogs – Cost decreased 200 => 150 gold
- Amphibians – Damage vs structures reduced, crit damage now 45-55 => 35-45
- Amphibians – Cost increased 250 => 350 gold
- Trebuchets = Cost increased 900 => 1000
- Balloons – Cost decreased 500 => 450
- Balloons – Can now only carry the same units as wagons
- Harpies – Minimum base damage vs structures 45% => 50%
- Koji – Drones now take 50% damage from all units instead of 800% damage
- Sedge – Sadistic rush charge speed, very slow => slow
- Tenri – Tornado charge speed, medium => slow
- “M” (secret Commander) – Groove charge speed, slow => medium
- Ryota – Blade dash charge speed, medium => fast
- Ryota – Blade dash now starts at 50% commander damage
- Ryota – Blade dash now increases in damage by 5% commander damage per “jump” on blade dash route.
- Ryota – Can now dash through neutral structures
- Commander – Minimum base damage vs soldiers 95% => 115%
- Commander – Minimum base damage vs spearmen 65% => 75%
- Critical hits no longer increase RNG damage range. All damage is max +/- 5%, even after crit
- Killing non unit summons (vines, crystals, etc) will no longer build groove