As you progress through WILD HEARTS, your inventory will start to fill up with various items, some of which are rare and important for future upgrades. Some items are crucial for crafting powerful gear, but they can be hard to come by. This guide provides information on some of the most important items in the game and offers tips on how to efficiently farm them over the long term.
How to farm items in WILD HEARTS
In WILD HEARTS, there are several methods to farm for items that are essential for crafting powerful gear. One way is to earn items as rewards from completing quests. Another method is to pet the Kemonos instead of slaughtering them. Simply approach a creature while crouched and unnoticed, press the Left Trigger to pet them on their neck, and after a while, the creature will leave behind a small item for you.
However, the most reliable way of gathering items is by killing Kemono. Some of the rarest resources can only be obtained by hunting specific Kemonos, so make sure to keep an eye out for them while exploring the world. With these farming methods, you can ensure a steady supply of essential items for upgrading your items in WILD HEARTS.
Important Early Game Items in WILD HEARTS
- Pointed Scale: Kill a Nightshade Monitor in the Akikure Canyon, and search the Six Points Lagoon in the west. Petting won’t work, so you’ll have to kill it.
- Small Scale: Head to Spirit Isle or the Old Blossom Trail and kill a Sparkshower Monitor or a Springwatch Monitor. Petting won’t yield the required items.
- Crustaceous Moss: Go to Natsukodachi Isle and either pet or kill a Grassghoul Decapod in front of the first camp on Spirit Isle or along the coast on Ironside Beach.
- Serpent Beard and Serpent Slough: Kill the Whipthrash Serpent on Natsukodachi Isle to get Serpent Slough. Petting earns you Serpent Beard. Both serve the same function. The Coral Salt Swamp and the north near the Dragon Altar are good places to find them.
- Slater Exoskeleton: Head to Akikure Canyon and pet a Deadleaf Slater. They roam throughout the canyon and are docile.
- Snapspine Cotton: Go to Natsukodachi Isle and find Snapspine Wisps on the east side of Spirit Isle or the high mountains between the Caldera Dolmen Dragon Pits and Lava Cavern. Kill them to get Snapspine Cotton.
- Wild Dog Pampas: Head over to Akikure Canyon and go to the Dawn Camp in the southwest area of the region to find Noblegrass Hounds. Pet them to receive the Dog Pampas.