WWE 2K15 Now Available on Steam
Wealth of extra free content available too.
WWE 2K15 is now available on PCs via Steam, marking the long running franchise’s debut on PCs (finally). It costs £34.99, and will be identical to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions.
In addition to these features, WWE 2K15 on PC provides consumers with a wealth of downloadable content, including playable characters, new moves and new story-driven content at no additional cost. This offering represents significant savings for consumers looking to experienceWWE 2K on Windows PC for the first time, and is intended to make up for the long wait for the game’s debut on PC. The free downloadable content is currently scheduled for release in spring 2015. Additional information on the available content and release schedule is as follows:
The following content is immediately accessible at launch by consumers who purchase WWE 2K15 for Windows PC:
- Full Game;
- Access to two playable Sting characters: the mysterious, ghost-like persona with black and white face paint, as well as his earlier look featuring bright colors and a blond, flattop hairstyle;
- Access to two playable Hulk Hogan® characters: Hulk Hogan and “Hollywood” Hulk Hogan.
WWE 2K15 for Windows PC – Downloadable Content (Releasing Spring 2015)
The following content, available in spring 2015, will be available free of charge to consumers who purchase WWE 2K15 for Windows PC:
- WCW Pack
- Playable WCW Superstars: Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page, Fit Finlay, Lord Steven Regal and Lex Luger;
- NXT ArRIVAL Pack
- Playable Former WWE Champion, NXT General Manager and Monday Night Raw announcer: JBL;
- Playable NXT Superstars: Adam Rose and The Ascension (Konnor and Viktor);
- Playable NXT Diva: Emma;
- New Moves Pack;
- More than 30 new moves, including an alternate version of Sister Abigail (made popular by Bray Wyatt™), the Gutwrench Suplex (made popular by Cesaro), Rack Attack (made popular by Nikki Bella) and Running Knee Smash(made popular by Brie Bella), as well as the Uso Crazy and Spinning Powerbomb (made popular by Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso);
- Instant access to all unlockable content available in the game;
- 2K Showcase: One More Match;
- Story focused on the rivalry between WWE Superstars Randy Orton® and Christian® in 2011;
- Playable WWE Superstars (2011 versions): Christian, Randy Orton, Edge®, Mark Henry® and Sheamus®;
- Playable arenas from 2011: SmackDown®, Extreme Rules®, Over the Limit® and Capitol Punishment™;
- 2K Showcase: Hall of Pain
- Playable WWE Superstars (2011 versions): Mark Henry, Big Show, Kane, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Sheamus, The Great Khali, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan and Ryback
- Playable arenas: SmackDown (2011), Vengeance (2011) and WrestleMania 29;
- 2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior
- Story focused on the career of WWE Hall of Famer Ultimate Warrior;
- Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Ultimate Warrior (1989-1996), Hulk Hogan (1990), Andre the Giant (1988), Sgt. Slaughter (1991) and “Macho Man” Randy Savage (1991);
- Playable WWE Legends: Honky Tonk Man (1988), Rick Rude (1990) and Colonel Mustafa (1991);
- Playable WWE Superstars: Undertaker (1991) and Hunter Hearst Helmsley (1996);
- Access to WWE Hall of Fame ring announcer Howard Finkel and WWE managers Jimmy Hart, Bobby Heenan, Paul Bearer, Sherri, Sid Justice and General Adnan;
- Playable arenas: WrestleMania VI, VII and XII; SummerSlam (1988, 1990 and 1991); Saturday Night’s Main Event XXIV and Madison Square Garden.
“WWE 2K15 for Windows PC represents another step forward for the WWE 2K portfolio as we continue expanding the brand’s content offerings to additional platforms,” said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. “PC gamers who are long-time franchise fans are certain to enjoy the comprehensive and authentic WWE experience through simulation-based gameplay for the very first time.”
Stay tuned to GamingBolt for more on the game and franchise.