Yakuza 6 is the latest entry into the Yakuza series but it’s also the conclusion to the story of Kazuma Kiryu. This time around, we see Kiryu going to prison for 3 years and then returning to the world outside. As with all Yakuza games, this one promises its share of over-the-top craziness, but there’s also an engaging story that is told through this game. The game features a huge open world with lots of activities to participate in, mini-games to play, and secrets to find. So if you’re looking for some information about how things work in this game, then look no further because this guide is here to help you out!
GENERAL TIPS AND TRICKS
Explore the wide open world
This game features a bustling and large open world for you to explore. Make sure you see as much of the world as you can. More than many other open world games, Yakuza games are known for the many activities that are available for you to try out in the game. These can be really fun and they also offer good EXP and rewards. It’s also a great way to come across various side missions in the game.
Learn how the combat works
One of the main aspects of a Yakuza game is the brutal hand-to-hand combat you’ll have to engage in, so make sure you get the hang of how it all works.The basics are as follows: press square for a light attack, triangle for a heavy attack, and you can press circle to grab an enemy. There is also a heat gauge in the game represented by 3 orbs. As you attack enemies, the heat gauge slowly fills up and allows you to trigger heat mode which provides a boost to your combat abilities.
Complete the main missions
Not only is the story in this game a good one, but it’s also the best way to get familiarized with the game’s world. These offer a lot of EXP and great rewards overall so make sure you go back and do the main missions whenever you’re feeling stuck at any point.
Complete the side missions
Side missions are a great way to learn more about the game’s world. These quests can also be quite memorable, and they also offer a lot of EXP and some good rewards. Doing side missions is also a good way to explore more of the world around you.
ALL SAFES AND KEYS LOCATION
There are 10 different safes to find in the game with each of them holding some precious items. The keys and safes are found quite close to each other, and listed below are the locations of keys and safes in Kamurocho.
- Can be found inside POPPO. Safe holds High-tech In-soles, can be found in parking lot.
- In the building where you play the Mah-Jong mini-game, you can find the next key. Safe holds the Rusted Chain Mall, and can be found at the top of the building.
- Next key can be found on stairs to the north side. Safe holding Experience Book can be found at the top of the building.
- In Tenkaichi St., there is a building with a red carpet. The key is on the staircase, while the safe holding Steel Underwear can be found at the top of the building.
- You can find the next key is at the entrance of the SPUNKY building. Safe holding Hungry Belt will be found in the office on the second floor.
The following are the locations of the keys and safes in the Onomichi region.
- You will find a key at the docks. The safe holds Fearless Binding.
- Next key can be found on the path to the hill on E National Route 2. Safe holds Blood-Stained Binding.
- Next key is opposite where you found the previous key, i.e. on the other side of E National Route 2. You can find the safe in the garage below and it holds Love Protection charm.
- Head west from where you found the previous key and you will find a key on the first floor. The safe can be found nearby, just after the narrow crossing, and it holds the Bloody Fundoshi.
- You can find a key at the top of a building between W National Route 2 and Jingai Main Street. The safe holds the Stamina Belt.
HOW TO LEVEL UP AND EARN NEW SKILLS
As you may know from other RPGs, you can earn EXP and then level up your character. As your character gains more EXP, he gets stronger and will also be able to unlock new abilities. In Yakuza 6, you earn experience in any one category from the following: Strength, Agility, Spirit, Technique, and Charm. Doing a particular activity will net you EXP in the corresponding category. For example, fighting thugs will net you Strength EXP among other things.
There are a number of ways to earn EXP in the game including completing main story missions, side missions, and just exploring the open world. Make use of the Troublr app on your phone through which you can various tasks to do. Eating food items also grants you a decent amount of EXP. Also try and earn awards (these work like achievements but are not achievements) as these grant you a sizable amount of EXP as well.
Once you’ve earned enough EXP, the next thing to do is to spend this EXP so as to level up your character’s stats and abilities. There are different categories you can spend your EXP on, which are as follows:
- Battle Skills: These are some combat moves and techniques that can be unlocked and they can be very powerful apart from also looking really cool.
- Heat Actions: These refer to the special actions Kiryu can use when the heat gauge fills up.
- Stats: These are your basic stats like Health, Evasion, and others. It’s always a good idea to spend some EXP on leveling up your stats.
- Other Skills: These refer to various other miscellaneous skills like the ability to earn more EXP
In general, make sure you level up your basic stats first as these are always going to be useful. Next, focus on boosting how much EXP you earn, and try to balance the EXP you gain across different categories. Make sure you spend on Battle Skills as these will make your character much stronger. Given the many times you’ll be engaged in combat, spending EXP on Battle Skills will never go to waste. Finally, although Heat Actions are special moves, they can be used fairly often since the heat gauge doesn’t take too long to fill up. So make sure you spend some EXP on Heat Actions as well. You can spend the rest of your EXP based on the kind of activities you’re interested in, so don’t be afraid to experiment a bit.
CLAN CREATOR AND CLAN CODES
An interesting mini-game in Yakuza 6 tasks you with building up your clan with four types of units: Brawlers, Gunners, Heavies, and Rushers. You can recruit members for a clan by getting a unique code for each member. You can engage with various clans in battle and you’ll have to deploy your units out into battle. The aim is to basically defeat as many enemies as possible. There is a hierarchy present and leaders will lead other soldiers such as Brawlers and Gunners into battle. Leaders also have some special skills which can aid you in battle. Pay attention to your Deployment Points (DP Gauge) as it decreases every time you deploy a soldier. Defeating enemy soldiers and leaders will result in an increase in your DP gauge.
Leaders affect the strength of their Captains while their own strength depends upon the soldiers they are leading. You will slowly expand your clan as you win more battles and you’ll be able to hire more leaders for your clan. There are many clan wars to participate in just within the main story missions, and these offer some great EXP.
You can find below the codes that you can use to recruit members to your clan.
- Kiryu- Common Rank: S66X7BAQN4ECAEE9
- EVIL – Rare Rank: 0Banshee0Muzzle0
- Satsuki- Rare Rank: MYSTRYMANSATSUKI
- Akiyama- Super Rare Rank: 0INTHEREDAKIYAMA
- Gedo- Rare Rank: ITSTHEGEDOCLUTCH
- Sodachi- Rare Rank: BestCoachSodachi
- Satsuki- Common Rank: PNJTEF9STVONK4U9
- Koumei- Rare Rank: BLACKPANTSKOUMEI
- Nagata- Rare Rank: NagataLockNagata
- Amon- Common Rank: 7R30M9ZDUH0MJIA1
- Bushi- Rare Rank: FirebirdSplasher
- Majima- Common Rank: T2OMQ7FM5KBJPOUR
- Joe- Rare Rank: HeaintNoJoeShmoe
- Ono Michio- Rare Rank: OHNOONOMICHIOKUN
- Kushida- Rare Rank: TheSuperNovaRana
- New japan- Rare Rank: PURORESUNEWJAPAN
- Sae Jima- Common Rank: VRJR9A7SX9Z6MMTV
- Date- Rare Rank: detectivemanDate
- Taguchi- Rare Rank: MasterofDropkick
- Akiyama- Rare Rank: AdreamingAkiyama
- Amon- Super Rare Rank: THESECRETJOAMON
- Ishii- Rare Rank: 00IshiiDriller00
- Strong Machine- Rare Rank: STRONGMACHINEDDT
- Daigo- Rare Rank: the6thheadofTojo
- Naito- Rare Rank: ELingobernable00
- Satsuki- Rare Rank: MYSTRYMANSATSUKI
- Masao- Rare Rank: shouldertoleanon
- Katsuyori Shibata- Rare Rank: ShibataGotoSleep
- Ono Michio- Common Rank: 3QXI6YIGSH03DETX
- Date- Common Rank: UVHVD2H7WI95GHNL
- Koumei- Rare Rank: NAPQWI7OTVM124HA
- Bartender Guy- Rare Rank: AMasterbartender
- Daigo- Common Rank: M5BXOKQRSIELV19D
- Nakanashi- Rare Rank: 0HERCULESCUTTER0
- Toru Yano- Rare Rank: BinwanProducer00′
- Okada- Rare Rank: RainmakerMrOkada
Each character has their own unique skills and abilities and you can read below what each character’s skills and abilities are.
- Kiryu: He is a Brawler type melee fighter with the useful skill Dragon of Dojima that grants 50% attack bonus to allies while also making them immune to knockbacks.
- EVIL: He is a Grenadier fighter who has the skill Ultimate Lariat which deals damage to all enemies within range.
- Date: He is a Gunner type fighter with a useful support ability called Muscle Party which renders the party invulnerable for 10 seconds.
- Majima: He is a Rusher type fighter with the skill Demonfire Slash which eliminates enemies within a given radius.
- Amon: He is a Gunner type fighter with the skill Ultimate Rocket Launcher which deals damage to all enemies within range.
- Tanahashi: He is a Heavy fighter with the useful skill Warrior of Love which revives leaders and restores some health to all allies.
- Captain New Japan: He is a Heavy/Grenadier type fighter with the skill Essence of Recovery which fully recovers his own health.
- Bartender: He is a Grenadier type fighter with the skill The Bartender’s Essence of Grenade which deals damage to all enemies within range.
- Saejima: He is a Heavy type fighter whose skill Woodsman Chip deals damage and stuns enemies within range.
- Koumei: He is a Gunner/Grenadier/Rusher type fighter with the skill Essence of Surprise which stuns all enemies within range and also restricts their movement.
- Daigo: He is a Gunner/Grenadier type fighter with the skill 6th Chairman’s Dignity which increased Deployment Points gauge by 150.
- Kushida: He is a Heavy type fighter with the skill Ultimate Diving Head which deals lots of damage to enemies within range.
- Akiyama: He is a Heavy/Brawler type fighter with the skill Essence of Stability that makes allies go into a frenzied attack mode for 10 seconds.
- Satsuki: He is a Heavy/Brawler type fighter with the same skill as Date which makes allies invulnerable for 10 seconds.
- Taguchi: He is a Brawler/Gunner type fighter with the skill Dropkick which inflicts quite a bit of damage to enemies within range.
- Super Strong Machine: He is a Heavy/Rusher type fighter with the skill Ultimate Diving Head which deals quite a bit of damage to enemies within range.
- Ono Michio: He is a Brawler/Rusher type fighter with the skill True Essence of Healing which restores medium health for all allies.
- Ishii: He is a Brawler/Heavy type fighter with the skill Spinning Lariant which deals a bit of damage to enemies within range.
- Sodachi: He is a Heavy/Grenadier type fighter with the skill Ultimate Diving Head which deals a lot of damage to enemies within range.
- Toru Yano: He is a Grenadier type fighter with the skill YTR which deals a lot of damage to enemies within range.
- Okada: He is a Rusher type fighter with the Rainmaker skill which deals a lot of damage and stuns enemies within range.
- Naito: He is a Gunner type fighter with the Tranquilo skill which deals a lot of damage and stuns enemies within range.
- Nakanashi: He is a Brawler type fighter with the skill True Essence of Healing which restores medium health to all allies.
- Gedo: He is a Grenadier/Gunner/Rusher type fighter with the skill Essence of Grenade which deals a lot of damage to enemies within range.
- BUSHI: He is a Heavy/Rusher type fighter with the skill Essence of Surprise which stuns and restricts movement of enemies within range.
- Shibata: He is a Heavy type fighter whose Ultimate Dropkick skill deals a lot of damage to enemies within range.
RECRUITING BASEBALL PLAYERS
Baseball is a fun mini-game that can also be quite challenging. To win these baseball matches, you’re going to have to put together a really strong team. You can find below how to recruit players for your team. First of all, you need to have completed Substory #35 ‘We need a Ringer’ before you can start recruiting players for your team.
- Moritsuka: You just need to finish Baseball Substory #35 ‘We need a Ringer’.
- Kase: After completing Substory #25 ‘The fools who dream’, you can find him in the Central Shopping District.
- Kawamura: You can find him roaming around North Hana No Kubo. To recruit him, you will need the RIZAP ‘Muscle’ protein supplement on you.
- Gorchov: To recruit him, you need to complete Fishing Substory #48 ‘World’s Best Octopus.’
- Gen-San: After completing Substory #43 ‘Tech Support’, you must speak with him in the bar to recruit him.
- Genie: To recruit him, you’ll have to first find him next to a taxi on the East side of Shishido Street and then give him some Sushi.
- Kuramoto: First off, buy some Kabukin from Nagi pharmacy. Give him this when you find him outside Yonetoku.
- Gori: To recruit him, you must finish Substory #20 ‘A Promise Between men.’
- Akiyoshi-san: To recruit him, you must speak with him at the bar after having finished Substory #42 ‘Powerful Memories.’
- Maetani: You need 1 million yen to recruit him and you can find him to the North West of Onomichi, standing next to a shrine.
- Yoshida: To recruit him, you must complete Substory #19 ‘Step up to the plate.’
- Hatakeyama-san: To recruit him, you must complete Substory #41 ‘What’s the matter with kids today.’
HOW TO CHANGE TIME OF DAY (DAY OR NIGHT)
In Yakuza 6, there are many missions which require you to do them at a particular time of day. Unfortunately, you don’t get the ability to change the time of day early on in the game. In fact, you only gain this ability by the final 13th chapter of the game. Once you reach this chapter, you’ll be able to change the time in both Kamurocho and Onomichi.
To change the time in Kamurocho, just go to New Serena bar and then you’ll see a blue arrow on your mini-map. Just go up to the door and select the option ‘Rest Until’ and you’ll be able to choose how many hours you want to pass in the game’s world.
In Onomichi, it works the same way in Kiryu’s Crash Pad, the Old Navy Apartments. Similar to how it worked in the New Serena bar, just go up to the door where you see the blue arrow and then select ‘Rest Until.’
HOW TO TRAVEL FROM ONOMICHI TO KAMUROCHO AND VICE VERSA
Just like with the ability to change time, your options when it comes to travelling between these two cities is quite limited. This may be worrying for those of you who have left some side missions incomplete in a particular city. However, by the end of the game, i.e. at the very last chapter, you gain the ability to hail a cab so as to travel between these two cities. You can do this just before the final events of the story. But keep in mind that this option isn’t available prior to the 13th chapter.
You can read below the full list of achievements you can earn in the game.
The Song of Life: Obtained all other trophies.
Welcome Back: Arrived in Kamurocho for the first time.
Hiroshiman Shadows: Completed Chapter 2.
Her Secret Life: Completed Chapter 4.
A Dead End: Completed Chapter 6.
Priceless Child: Completed Chapter 8.
The Secret of Onomichi: Completed Chapter 10.
Cycle of Blood: Completed Chapter 12.
Thank You: Completed all of the main story.
Dragon of Legend: Completed the game on LEGEND difficulty.
Tell Me a Story: Completed 10 substories.
Hero of the Story: Completed 40 substories.
Story of My Life: Completed all substories.
Troubleshooter: Completed 5 types of Trouble Missions.
This Is My City: Completed 20 types of Trouble Missions.
Feeling the Heat: Activated Extreme Heat Mode 10 times.
Live to Fight Another Day: Ran away from 10 encounters successfully.
Skill Dabbler: Obtained 10 skills.
Skill Pro: Obtained 25 skills.
Skill Master: Obtained all skills.
Life of the Dragon: Raised Health to a natural 150.
Strength of the Dragon: Raised Attack to a natural 150.
Vitality of the Dragon: Raised Defense to a natural 150.
Speed of the Dragon: Raised Evade to a natural 150.
Heat of the Dragon: Raised the Heat Gauge to a natural 150.
Limit Breaker: Raised all stats to a natural 200.
Peak Kiryu: Raised all stats to a natural 300.
Amon Defeated: Defeated Amon on any difficulty.
A Man’s Experience: Obtained 1,000 total experience points.
A Fighter’s Experience: Obtained 10,000 total experience points.
A Dragon’s Experience: Obtained 100,000 total experience points.
Just Getting Started: Completed 10 items on the Completion List.
Maybe You Can Do It: Completed 31 items on the Completion List.
You Did It: Completed 100 items on the Completion List.
Kiryu Clan Founder: Assembled the Kiryu Clan.
Kiryu Clan Captain: Reached level 3 in the Kiryu Clan.
Kiryu Clan Patriarch: Completed the Clan Creator storyline.
What A Player: Played every minigame.
Dragon of DoGYMa: Experienced every RIZAP training.
I’ll Have the Calamari: Defeated the Emperor Squid.
Where Everybody Knows Your Name: Reached Beloved Customer rank at Snack New Gaudi.
Club Shine Star: Requested every hostess.
The Internet’s Real Purpose: Chatted with both lovely Live Chat ladies.
To Be This Good Takes AGES: Played every Club SEGA game.
Play Ball!: Won a baseball game
Dandling Dragon: Experienced the trials of raising a baby.
How Fortuitous: Pulled “Great Blessing” at the temple.
Get Out And Stay Out!: Made a store employee angry at you.
Off the Beaten Path: Found a secret passage.
Not the Brightest Idea: Jumped from a dangerously high place.
Pretty Tasty: Activated five types of eatery combos.
Commemorative Photo: Took a photo of Ono Michio-kun.
Life Through Kiryu’s Eyes: Walked 30 seconds in first-person mode.
No Photos!: Got surrounded by enemies while trying to take a picture