Battlefield 4 Details Leaked by EA China, Releasing On Next Generation Consoles
It’s a rumour.
We have some new details on Battlefield 4 courtesy of a Chinese forum called Chiphell. It was apparently leaked via EA China and while the whole scenario sounds rubbish, some of them do make some sense. So check out the details below.
The game runs on the Frostbite 2 engine as expected and will be released on the next-generation consoles. The game was leaked earlier via Origin and there’s a beta coming soon which you can access by buying Medal of Honor: Warfighter. Keep in mind, the game may be quite bad based on our review here.
The game will be released on October 23 next year according to the translated version of the details (Via Neogaf). It will also be released on the current gen platforms because well, EA would be stupid to miss out on the large install base and make it a next-gen only game.
This is still a rumour at this point so take it with a grain of salt. Here are the details.
- Coming October 23rd, 2013
- Will be on PC, PS3, Xbox360 and next-gen consoles
- Will be one of the first games for next-gen consoles
- Commander system comes back
- Profile can be linked with other devices like iPad
- Auto login, need internet all time, support cloud saves
- Easier to pickup the game, to take care of players from CoD
- Support body and voice control for this commander system
- Better battlelog integration and better stats reporting
- Supports video playback and sharing
- Have gem store for dlc and other stuff like that
- 3 factions: Russia, USA and China
- Can deploy female soliders
- PC, PS4 and Xbox 720 will support 64 players, but 360 and PS3 will be less
- PC, PS4 and Xbox 720 will provide 60 fps
- Already have a demo video internally within EA
- Matching the quality of BF3 already
- BF4 will use 80% of power of frostbite 2, wheras bf3 only 30-40%