Bethesda and Zenimax are hiring for experienced console programmers, and they’ve stated next-gen consoles and PC as the platforms.
This is what the entire post read:
Bethesda Game Studios is looking for experienced programmers to work on cutting-edge technology for an unannounced game on future-generation consoles.
The Job requirements:
- At least 5 years of game development experience with multiple titles shipped
- Extensive experience programming and optimizing for the Xbox 360 and PS3
- Experience with DirectX 11 a plus
- Passion for making GREAT games, and being part of a GREAT team
- Ability to contribute innovative ideas towards all aspects of game development
- Must create amazing things with minimal oversight
- Experience playing Bethesda Game Studios games a plus
Bethesda might already have access to the next-gen dev kits, it will be interesting to see how this one pans out.
Earlier we reported that, Todd Howard expected the next-gen consoles [PS4/720] to be released in 2014. The Wii U will be out this year, though.
“I think it’s going to be a while still, I really do. I think consumers are happy with the current ones, there’s a lot you can do with them,” he said. “So I don’t think it’s coming next year or the year after.”
Stay tuned to GamingBolt for more news and updates. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.