EA closing online servers for games which requires online pass
I honestly can’t stand behind this move, as EA is shutting down online servers for games which requires an online pass. The main reason given for the shutdowns is the lack of activity, but there are a few games here that aren’t even two years old.
EA has also said that these closures affect less than one percent of the total online players.
“As games get replaced with newer titles, the number of players still enjoying the older games dwindles to a level – fewer than 1% of all peak online players across all EA titles – where it’s no longer feasible to continue the behind-the-scenes work involved with keeping these games up and running,” reads the official statement.
“We would rather our hard-working engineering and IT staff focus on keeping a positive experience for the other 99% of customers playing our more popular games.”
These are the games that won’t be playable online after April 13.
• BOOM BLOX Bash Party for Wii
• Burnout Revenge for Xbox 360
• EA Create for PC, PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360
• EA Sports Active 2.0 for PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360
• EA Sports Active NFL Training Camp for Wii
• FIFA 10 for PlayStation Portable and Wii
• MMA for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
• Need for Speed ProStreet for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
• The Saboteur (loss of The Midnight Club access) for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
• Spare Parts for PlayStation 3 Xbox 360
MMA required an online pass and it’s just 18 months old. Pulling off support for such a game seems unethical. But that’s just me. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.