Square Enix dominates.
Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu has published its list of the most anticipated upcoming games for the Japanese audiences, and the results are about what you’d expect them to be. Dragon Quest XI’s PS4 version has claimed the top spot, with its 3DS version coming in second, whereas fellow Square Enix RPGs Final Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age and Kingdom Hearts III are also featured in the top 10.
Meanwhile, Nintendo’s upcoming Super Mario Odyssey is also on the list, taking the 10th spot. Check out the full top 10 below. The votes were caste by Famitsu readers between April 6 and 12. Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Kingdom Hearts 3 currently don’t have a release date. In fact, none of them are in Square Enix’s games line up for 2017.
Thoughts to share? Sound off in the comments section below and stay tuned to GamingBolt for more news and updates.
1. [PS4] Dragon Quest XI – 1,007 votes
2. [3DS] Dragon Quest XI – 750 votes
3. [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake – 735 votes
4. [NSW] Splatoon 2 – 440 votes
5. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III – 385 votes
6. [3DS] The Alliance Alive – 347 votes
7. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 302 votes
8. [PS4] Tekken 7 – 299 votes
9. [PS4] Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age – 288 votes
10. [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey – 281 votes
Thanks, Nintendo Everything!