This is a complete guide for Grand Theft Auto Online. Using this guide you can find the fastest ways to make money, buy properties, garages, find best missions to earn money, find rare cares, earn reputation points, level up fast and do more.
Grand Theft Auto 5 is one of the best games this generation and GTA Online promises to better the single player experience. Please note that due to the scope of the online component, we will be continuously updating this guide with more content in the future. So please bookmark this page and check back every week for new content.
We have divided this guide into multiple sections indicated by orange color.
For tips and tricks for Grand Theft Auto 5 click here.
Money, Level Up and Reputation Points:
Resell Glitch – Infinite Money Making Cheat
Money Making Glitch – $1mil Every 2 Minutes
How to make $2 million and 400k Reputation points per hour:
How to make $4 million per hour:
How to make $700,000 per hour and 160,000 reputation points per hour:
How to earn $2000 every 20 seconds:
How to make millions using Stock Markets:
Best Missions to make fast money [courtesy Reddit]:
[Violent Duct ~ 2-3 Minutes ~ 9k Payout ~ Gerald Mission]
- Fastest money making method right now.
- Run on easy for the fastest run.
- Don’t immediately gun at the start, instead sneak in from the left entrance and you can do a sweep in like 20 seconds.
- Recommended 3-4 person party. Host must be level 15+.
- Remember to quick Restart (RT after everyone has liked). Continue after 3-4 rounds so everyone can restock on ammo.
- Stop taking off to the gun store at the beginning of the mission without telling anyone. It’s annoying storming the side and realizing I’m the only one fighting.
- Nice, now keep yo mouth shut about me, ya hear.
[Meth’d up ~ 3-4 Minutes ~ 5k Payout ~ Gerald Mission]
- Recommended 3-4 person party. Host must be level 7+.
- Drive/run straight to the RV and drive straight to the drop off. Driving off road to the objective will make your life a lot easier by avoiding most of the enemies.
[A Titan of a Job ~ 6-9 Minutes ~ 10k Payout ~ Trevor Mission]
- Recommended 4-6 person party. Host must be level 24+.
- Run on easy for the fastest run.
- Have your team attack the hanger from both sides as you make your wait in, move the truck that’s in-front of the aircraft and take off. Enjoy your smooth flight back and don’t crash.
[Down the Drain ~ 1-2 Minutes ~ 3-3.5k Payout ~ Race]
- Cannot solo anymore since the newest patch.
- Still decent for big groups.
[American Cycle ~ 1-2 Minutes ~ 6k Payout ~ Race]
- Good way to train your stamina stat too.
- Need more info on this?
[Base Invaders ~ 10-12 Minutes ~ 25k Payout ~ Ron Mission]
- Recommended to have a full party. Host must be level 27+.
- Call Ron, he asks you to take a plane and go to Fort Zancudo and destroy 3 Lazers and then steal a Cargobob.
- This is a difficult mission and the soliders carry LMGs.
[Boneyard ~ Unknown Minutes? ~ 20k Payout ~ Trevor Mission]
- Cola machine will restore half your health for $1.
- 10 waves.
- Recommend to have a full party.
- Have each player cover each entrance and hold out in the warehouse.
[No Hay Bronca ~ 5 Minutes ~ 9k Payout ~ Mission?]
[Rooftop Rumble ~ 10-20 Seconds ~ 25k Payout ~ Mission?]
- Host must be level 75+.
- Destroy documents
- 4.5k rp
How to Make $9000 in 90 secs and boost your level:
How to rank up insanely fast:
How To make 1 million$ per hour in the “Roof Top Rumble” mission:
Replay Any Mission Post Patch
Property, Locations, Prices and Garage Size
GTA Online: All Property Locations, Prices and Garage Size [courtesy Reddit]
Properties Guide for GTA Online
How to get the police Sheriff SUV and customize it:
Custom Crew Emblems Tutorial Guide [Via Reddit]:
Follow the image tutorial below to know how you can make your own custom crew emblem.
How to bank money quickly without going to an ATM:
Pro Tips [courtesy Reddit]:
- Dying costs 5% of your bank (maxing at 5k) so try to avoid getting in fights with random players. This includes dying in any jobs. As of patch 1.02, this no longer affects Deathmatch.
- Passive mode is not invincibility. You’re still vulnerable to being shot from a car and being run over.
- When robbing a store, you can kill the store keeper and take the money out of the register but you will make less.
- Typically the farther the store from Los Santos, the more it pays out. That’s where most of the bigger stores are.
- You can sell cars to any auto-shop once every in-game day (around 48 minutes) which usually goes for 4-9k.
- Luxery Sedans and high end SUVs are the highest paying car when selling cars to the auto-shop.
- You can withdraw/deposit cash safely from your phone.
- All your progress online before the brown sync icon appears will be lost on turning off your console, selectingLeave GTA Online will save your progress.
- The Radio Mirror Park radio station is the best station.
- You can also shut down your console if you lost a great sum of money and haven’t synced yet to restore your previous save.
- When you find a good farming mission, repeat as much as possible. Most good farming missions you cannot choose to join and usually end up joining by random.
- You run faster with no weapons out I think?
- Gerald’s missions seem to pay the highest. Would like to know if anyone has found any higher paying missions.
- I found a crowbar on the death-match mission on the boat and got to keep it afterwards. It’s awesome.
- If you’re not finding good matches on Quick Job try swapping sessions by pressing Find New Session.
- Buying Armor before a session is usually worth it. It’s cheaper then the expensive death penalty.
- Blue moving objective points that aren’t auto GPS tracked will appear under Quick GPS.
- If a player in your passenger sets a GPS route on the map, it will also appear on your map.
- Simeon’s missions are time consuming and not worth the payout compared to Gerald’s missions.
- Use Find New Session to quickly warp back to your garage/apartment.
- If you get a phone call from an AI, your characters lips will move, it’s pretty funny. Your characters mouth also move whenever you talk into the mic.
- When buying an apartment/garage, you will sell your already owned property and get about half the value back to contribute to the purchase.
- Only the host needs to be the required level to start a mission. Anyone can play with anyone regardless of level requirements.
- Press RT to vote for replay mission after everyone has liked even if the option is not shown.
- Mashing jump up hills is faster then running.
- Sports/Super cars must be bought through the ultimate motors website to keep in your garage, sell or modify.
- Don’t quit golf/tennis/shooting range etc. because you are losing. You still get rp (experience) for losing and for being a good sport you will get monetary rewards. Plus you still get points towards your skills. Races can be done solo. They can give 500-1000 rp each time alone which can be a great experience booster. Keep in mind though that it costs 100 each time.
- Players drop 100 every time they die, in addition to any funds they are carrying.
- You have to start a solo/private game from the pause menu.
- Blowing up other players owned vehicles deems you a bad sport, so be careful on your drive-by stick-bomb sprees.
- On the other hand, shooting the all the tires out of a players personal vehicle is totally okay.
- Heritage can influence character height in Character Creation.
- How you set your time spent in character creation can affect how you look, though apparently some of these can be removed when you get an apartment.
- Stores can be re-robbed immediately if you swap sessions.
- Driving a car into an auto-shop gets rid of your wanted level, if you’re not currently spotted by the police.
- Your garage/apartment is also a easy way to hide from police if you enter when you’re not spotted.
- Cops will sometimes chase you if the car you are driving is stolen.
- All clothing stores have the same options for different items.
- To unlock car upgrades you need to run races with that class of car and level up.
- Holding back allows you to split up money that you get from robberies.
- Wearing a mask while wanted and then removing it drops your wanted level by 1 star, more depending on the mask.
- In races, holding Y/Triangle to spawn back to the last checkpoint also repairs your car.
- Pressing down the the d-pad enlarges the mini-map to give a good view of nearby players.
- Putting a car in your garage makes it your personal vehicle, repairs it, and gives it a free tracker.
- Singing while in the shower in your apartment gives you RP. Leave music playing into your mic overnight to exploit this.
- Rolling (X while zooming-in) will dodge most bullets from AI and players.
- Food bought from stores can be used as portable med-kits.
- You can kill players in stores when you kill the attendant.
- Join Social Club and you can get a free Elegy RH8 from Legendary Motorsports if you own a garage/apartment.
- You can sell the Elgy for 9.5k once a day and order a new one for free on Legendary Motorsports.
- Bank is shared between characters.
- In races, accelerating as soon as the green Go appears will give you a massive speed boost.
- Surviving a day with a bounty on your head will give you the bounty.
A complete list of all purchasable cars in GTA Online with prices, capacity, pictures, and other stats [via Reddit]:
There are a ton of vehicles you can buy in GTA Online but buying the right one is the way to go. Here you will find all the cars you can find in GTA Online, along with various statistics like capacity, vehicle type, acceleration.
How to teleport anywhere easily:
The video guide below will show you how one can travel faster and teleport easily.
Purchasing AMMO From Anywhere
Quick tip to buy ammo from anywhere.
How to get the Cargo plane:
This will work only after Patch 1.08.
How To Get The HVY Cutter
How To Drive Inside Your Garage
Unlimited RP Glitch Solo – 1 Million RP Per Hour
This guide was last updated on December 31st, 2013.
This guide will be updated once we have new information to add.