Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Glitch Allows Access To Previously Unreachable Area
Is this part of the secret content, or something else?
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain has been so popular since it was launched on September 1 that it shipped more than 3 million copies in the first few days. With that many people out there looking for “secret content” it’s no wonder that one user actually found a glitch that allows people to explore an area of the map that was previously unreachable. The part of the game that was previously not accessible is apparently located in the Serak Power Plant and is the place where Metal Gear Sahelanthropus is apparently being kept.
A user on Reddit takes you from there and provides the rest of the secret in order to get into this part of the game:
- So here is what you do. start a freeroam mission.
- Spawn with a truck near the serak powerplant.
- Take out everyone in the base.
- Now drive your truck all the way up to the back of the powerplant.
- There should be a big metal door blocking your way to the hanger. -next to that big metal door is a Red locked door that is hidden/covered/blocked by boxes.
- Back up the truck to those boxes.
- Climb into the back of the truck.
- Climb onto the boxes.
- Now you have to look down at the locked door just the right way and you will see the pick lock button prompt.
- When you hit the action button you will be glitched into the boxes and will unlock the door.
- Walk through the door and explore the hangar.
This is one of two known rather large glitches. The other is a Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain glitch that keeps users from actually attaining a 100% completion rate.