Moto Racer 4 Coming To PS4, Xbox One and PC In October
Microids bringing the game on October 13.
After the franchise took a long break, Moto Racer 4 is going to be coming to the current generation of consoles. The developer has promised the game is going to have 60fps support and no less than 15 single-player and multiplayer modes. The title is going to have some traditional modes that have popped up in previous versions of the franchise.
There are also going to be some brand new modes such as ‘Ghost Bike’, ‘Wolf Pack’ and ‘Golden Helmet’. Perhaps the thing to get most excited about is the promise of a split screen multiplayer mode. That’s a real rarity in the racing genre.
You can check out a run down of all the features that have been promised in the new game below. The very first Moto Racer debuted on the PS1 in 1997. The final game in the series, until Moto Racer 4, Moto Racer 3 was released way back in 2001. Moto Racer 4 is due on the PS4, Xbox One and PC on October 13.
- KING OF THE HILL: Each rider starts with the same time on the clock. While time runs down for the leader, the other racers get extra turbo. The first player to get their counter down to zero wins the race.
- LAST MAN STANDING: The last player to pass each checkpoint is eliminated.
- SURVIVAL: The race starts with very little time on the clock. Players gain time by passing the checkpoints. In single-player mode, the aim is to survive for a specific length of time. In multi-player mode, the winner is the last player with time left on their clock.
- CATCH-UP: The player’s opponents begin the race with a headstart and the player must be in first place at a specific time.
- WOLF PACK: The player begins the race with a headstart and must maintain it for a certain length of time without being overtaken.
- GHOST BIKE: The player starts the race in last place and is not allowed to deviate from the road or collide with others. S/he must finish in a specified minimum place.
- GOLDEN HELMET: Competitors must earn the one golden helmet up for grabs during the race. To do this, they must be first past the initial checkpoint. If the player wearing the golden helmet is knocked by another player, s/he surrenders it to that player. If a player falls off their bike, s/he loses the helmet and it is automatically sent to the next checkpoint.